1. Who dropped a nuclear bomb on Hiroshima?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who was behind 'Ostpolitik'?
- Erich Honecker
- Willy Brandt
3. When was the Truman Doctrine introduced?
4. What was the Monroe Doctrine?
- A policy to provide aid to countries in order to stop them falling to communist agression
- A declaration from West Germany that it wouldn't have diplomatic relations with any country, other than the USSR, that recognised East Germany
- A promise from America to maintain the independence of the Americas', away from European control
- A promise to stop the spread of Communism
5. When did Khrushchev become leader of the Soviet Union?