1. When did Kennedy become the President of America?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did Khrushchev become leader of the Soviet Union?
3. When was the Hungarian Uprising?
4. What was the Monroe Doctrine?
- A promise from America to maintain the independence of the Americas', away from European control
- A promise to stop the spread of Communism
- A policy to provide aid to countries in order to stop them falling to communist agression
- A declaration from West Germany that it wouldn't have diplomatic relations with any country, other than the USSR, that recognised East Germany
5. Who was behind 'Ostpolitik'?
- Willy Brandt
- Erich Honecker