- Created by: GeorgieDzzz
- Created on: 31-05-18 17:57
1. Select the 4 correct categories of Deborah Jones' women's oral culture
- House Talk, Scandal, Bitching and Chatting
- Scandal, Bitching, Talking, and Whispering
- Talking, Chatting, Craic, and Gossiping
- Gossiping, Talking, Bitching and Scandal
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is a Deborah Tannen theory?
- Language in Society
- Talking Differences
- You just don't understand
- Man Made Language
3. in Miller and Swift's Handbook of non sexist writing, what were the probelms brought up?
- Diminutive suffixes, pronound problem
- Discrimination, generalisation
- The use of man as a false generic, The pronoun problem, The Discrimination in job titles, Genrealisations, Non parallel treatment
- Gneralisations, Sexism, female forms coming second eg Mr and Mrs, Pronoun Problem and Discrimination in job titles
4. What is Berger's theory on Representational Practices in Advertising?
- Men sing and women dance
- Men act and women appear
- Women act and men appear
- Women come first and men second
5. Herriman in "Descriptions of woman and man in present day Englsih" describes what?
- Collocations for women are of physical attractivness eg pretty, for men it's terms for height, abilities and personality
- Collocations for women are powerful
- Collocations for women are always sexual
- Collocations for men never include those describing intelligence
Similar English Language resources: