1. Why did they tell doctors to do this?
- As they believed they spread disease from a disease ward to a pregnancy ward which was killing many pregnant women
- As more babies were being born with diseases
- As more people who had diseases were dying quicker and so were doctors treating them
- As they stank
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Bacteria can become resistant to antibiotics
3. Who told doctors to wash their hands in the 1840s?
- William Harvey
- Florence Nightingale
- Ignaz Semmelweis
- Ignaz Siemelmeis
4. White blood cells kill bacteria
5. (It's good to know but you might not need it!) In what year was the Germ theory discovered?
Similar Biology resources: