1. Which describes the somatic nervous system?
- Made up of the brain and the spinal cord
- Controls muscle movement
- Maintains homeostasis by regulating body temperature, heartbeat, etc.
- Passes messages to and from the brain and connects nerves to the PNS
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In which stage does the Oedipus complex take place?
3. Which of the following does not occur during synaptic transmission?
- The chemical message is converted back into an electrical impulse
- An electrical impulse triggers the release of neurotransmitter
- The neuron is in a resting state
- Neurotransmitter diffuses across the synaptic gap
4. Who suggested that the mind and the body (brain) were separate and independent of one another?
5. Which of the following is not a mediational process in the social learning approach?