1. The idea that human beings influence their environment as well as being influenced by it best describes:
- Reciprocal determinism
- Hard determinism
- Soft determinism
- Environmental determinism
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Complete this sentence. Operant conditioning is best described as...
- A form of learning in which a new behaviour is produced that avoids an unpleasant consequence
- A form of learning in which behaviour is shaped and maintained by its consequences
- A form of learning in which an observer imitates the behaviour of a role model
- A form of learning in which a stimulus is associated with a response
3. Which statement about cognitive neuroscience is false?
- It was first identified in the 1970s as an emergent discipline
- It makes use of advances in brain imaging technology such as fMRI
- It investigates how biological structures influence mental processes
- It brings together the fields of cognitive psychology, anatomy and neurophysiology
4. The master endocrine gland is the:
- Pituitary gland
- Adrenal gland
- Thyroid gland
5. Which describes the somatic nervous system?
- Passes messages to and from the brain and connects nerves to the PNS
- Maintains homeostasis by regulating body temperature, heartbeat, etc.
- Controls muscle movement
- Made up of the brain and the spinal cord