1. For Kant, what is the only source of good?
- A virtuous character
- Superior reasoning
- A good will
- The consequences of an action
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is true (according to Peter Singer)?
- It is irrelevant the way in which an animal suffers.
- A young orphaned infant has more interests than a primate.
- The interests of animals should be taken into account differently as all have varied experience and levels of interests
- The interests of animals should all be viewed as completely equal
3. Why does Kant believe that animals are not ends in themselves?
- Because they do not have the capacity for practical reason
- Because animals cannot speak
- Because animals do not have desires
- Because animals have their own moral laws
4. When is harm to animals justified according to a utilitarian?
- When the pleasure created outweighs the animal's suffering
- Always since animals do not have souls
- Always because animals do not have autonomy or motives for actions
5. Which is a correct Singer quote?
- "In suffering the animals are our equals."
- "All lives matter"
- "Speciesism is the most pressing issue of this century"
- "I'm craving a burger"
Similar Philosophy resources: