1. According to Aristotle, animals have no share in...
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. For Kant, what is the only source of good?
- A good will
- The consequences of an action
- A virtuous character
- Superior reasoning
3. Equality of Moral interest must be based on what according to Singer?
4. Recent Virtue Ethicists believe that
- Selfishly treating an animal as a meat-growing machine is good
- Using animal products is always wrong
- Not to recognise the importance of animal suffering is to show a lack of compassion
- Not to recognise the importance of animal suffering is irrelevant to producing a virtuous charcter
5. Rosalind Hursthouse (a modern virtue ethicist) believes that
- We must calculate whether an animal's interests and preferences should be included in our utility calculus.
- No animal can be granted higher 'moral status' as there is no familiar set of factors that some animals share and others don't.
- The 'moral status' of other animals is an important subject to clarify so that we can determine whether it has rights
- There is a natural hierarchy of living things, the function of those lower down (animals) is to serve the needs of those higher up (humans).
Similar Philosophy resources: