1. Guess the correct Kant quote:
- Treating animals badly because they are animals is "speciesism"
- "Humans that lack reason have no intrinsic value"
- Humans can "deal and dispose [of animals] at one's discretion"
- Humans have "ultimate power" over everything on Earth
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Recent Virtue Ethicists believe that
- Using animal products is always wrong
- Not to recognise the importance of animal suffering is irrelevant to producing a virtuous charcter
- Not to recognise the importance of animal suffering is to show a lack of compassion
- Selfishly treating an animal as a meat-growing machine is good
3. Equality of Moral interest must be based on what according to Singer?
4. According to Singer, humans are morally required to take what into account?
- An animal's welfare (pain/pleasure), just below that of a human's welfare
- An animal's right not to be eaten
- An animal's welfare (pain/pleasure), in equal measure to that of a human.
- An animal's right to vote
5. Under what conditions would treating animals badly be morally wrong for Kant?
- If animals develop better communication skills so that they can explain their experience of pain.
- If it compromises a person's ability to treat other humans well, and therefore threatens the person's own moral integrity.
- If the overall suffering of animals outweighs the pleasure this bad treatment creates for humans.
- If the animals are the subject of a life
Similar Philosophy resources: