1. Recent Virtue Ethicists believe that
- Not to recognise the importance of animal suffering is to show a lack of compassion
- Using animal products is always wrong
- Not to recognise the importance of animal suffering is irrelevant to producing a virtuous charcter
- Selfishly treating an animal as a meat-growing machine is good
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. For Kant, what is the only source of good?
- Superior reasoning
- A good will
- A virtuous character
- The consequences of an action
3. Which is true (according to Peter Singer)?
- The interests of animals should be taken into account differently as all have varied experience and levels of interests
- A young orphaned infant has more interests than a primate.
- The interests of animals should all be viewed as completely equal
- It is irrelevant the way in which an animal suffers.
4. When is harm to animals justified according to a utilitarian?
- When the pleasure created outweighs the animal's suffering
- Always because animals do not have autonomy or motives for actions
- Always since animals do not have souls
5. Equality of Moral interest must be based on what according to Singer?
Similar Philosophy resources: