1. Guess the correct Kant quote:
- Humans can "deal and dispose [of animals] at one's discretion"
- Humans have "ultimate power" over everything on Earth
- Treating animals badly because they are animals is "speciesism"
- "Humans that lack reason have no intrinsic value"
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is true (according to Peter Singer)?
- A young orphaned infant has more interests than a primate.
- The interests of animals should be taken into account differently as all have varied experience and levels of interests
- It is irrelevant the way in which an animal suffers.
- The interests of animals should all be viewed as completely equal
3. According to Singer, humans are morally required to take what into account?
- An animal's welfare (pain/pleasure), in equal measure to that of a human.
- An animal's right not to be eaten
- An animal's right to vote
- An animal's welfare (pain/pleasure), just below that of a human's welfare
4. For Kant, what is the only source of good?
- A good will
- Superior reasoning
- The consequences of an action
- A virtuous character
5. Peter Singer thought that the way animals are currently treated is...
- Against our duty towards animals
- Morrally Justifiable
- Morally Unjustifiable
- Not a moral issue
Similar Philosophy resources: