1. Why is the DNA sample cooled from 70 degrees to 55 degrees?
- Allows primers to attach to DNA strands and mark where DNA polymerase attaches
- To allow reverse transcriptase to convert RNA to DNA
- Allows the hydrogen bonds between the two strands of the DNA to break causing them to separate
- Allows DNA polymerase to add free nucleotides to make a new molecule of DNA
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is eugenics?
- Encouraging desirable traits and selective breeding of humans
- Encouraging people to use pre natal and post natal screening
- Encouraging gene therapy
- Encouraging the use of stem cells instead of embryo cloning
3. Which of these is NOT used to form recombinant DNA?
- Reverse transcriptase
- DNA ligase
- RNA polymerase
- DNA polymerase
- Restriction endonucleases
4. What are stem cells?
- Cells that produce cancer
- Cells that are undifferentiated but can become specialised
- Cells that are not totipotent and can only produce 1 cell type
- Cells that have become differentiated
5. What is recombinant DNA?
- Foreign DNA inserted into another section of DNA
- Undifferentiated cells that have the potential to become specialised
- DNA that codes for a non functional protein
- Incorrect DNA