1. What is eugenics?
- Encouraging the use of stem cells instead of embryo cloning
- Encouraging people to use pre natal and post natal screening
- Encouraging desirable traits and selective breeding of humans
- Encouraging gene therapy
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is recombinant DNA?
- Foreign DNA inserted into another section of DNA
- Undifferentiated cells that have the potential to become specialised
- DNA that codes for a non functional protein
- Incorrect DNA
3. Which of these was NOT an aim of the Human Genome Project?
- To locate genes on the human chromosomes
- To determine all base sequences in DNA and the genes they form
- To use genetic information to produce ideal humans
- To consider legal and ethical issues
4. Why is the DNA sample cooled from 70 degrees to 55 degrees?
- Allows primers to attach to DNA strands and mark where DNA polymerase attaches
- Allows the hydrogen bonds between the two strands of the DNA to break causing them to separate
- Allows DNA polymerase to add free nucleotides to make a new molecule of DNA
- To allow reverse transcriptase to convert RNA to DNA
5. What does totipotent mean?
- The ability to produce all types of cells
- The ability to grow all year round
- The ability to grow without oxygen
- The ability to reproduce asexually