1. What method is used to amplify a DNA sample?
- Gel Electrophoresis
- Genetic Engineering
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is gene therapy?
- Insertion of extra chromosomes to counteract non functional genes
- Insertion of functional DNA to counteract a non functional gene
- Removal of non functional DNA to prevent further issues
- Removal of functional DNA to be cloned
3. Which of these was NOT an aim of the Human Genome Project?
- To consider legal and ethical issues
- To locate genes on the human chromosomes
- To use genetic information to produce ideal humans
- To determine all base sequences in DNA and the genes they form
4. What is recombinant DNA?
- Undifferentiated cells that have the potential to become specialised
- Foreign DNA inserted into another section of DNA
- Incorrect DNA
- DNA that codes for a non functional protein
5. Why is the DNA sample cooled from 70 degrees to 55 degrees?
- Allows DNA polymerase to add free nucleotides to make a new molecule of DNA
- Allows primers to attach to DNA strands and mark where DNA polymerase attaches
- Allows the hydrogen bonds between the two strands of the DNA to break causing them to separate
- To allow reverse transcriptase to convert RNA to DNA