1. What method is used to amplify a DNA sample?
- Genetic Engineering
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Gel Electrophoresis
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these was NOT an aim of the Human Genome Project?
- To use genetic information to produce ideal humans
- To determine all base sequences in DNA and the genes they form
- To consider legal and ethical issues
- To locate genes on the human chromosomes
3. What is eugenics?
- Encouraging gene therapy
- Encouraging desirable traits and selective breeding of humans
- Encouraging people to use pre natal and post natal screening
- Encouraging the use of stem cells instead of embryo cloning
4. What is recombinant DNA?
- Undifferentiated cells that have the potential to become specialised
- Foreign DNA inserted into another section of DNA
- Incorrect DNA
- DNA that codes for a non functional protein
5. What is gene therapy?
- Insertion of extra chromosomes to counteract non functional genes
- Removal of functional DNA to be cloned
- Insertion of functional DNA to counteract a non functional gene
- Removal of non functional DNA to prevent further issues