1. What are stem cells?
- Cells that produce cancer
- Cells that have become differentiated
- Cells that are undifferentiated but can become specialised
- Cells that are not totipotent and can only produce 1 cell type
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a clone?
- A group of genetically identical organisms formed from a single parent
- A group of similar organisms formed from a single parent
- A group of genetically identically organisms formed by sexual reproduction
- A group of similar organisms formed from two parents
3. What is recombinant DNA?
- Undifferentiated cells that have the potential to become specialised
- Foreign DNA inserted into another section of DNA
- Incorrect DNA
- DNA that codes for a non functional protein
4. Which of these is NOT used to form recombinant DNA?
- Reverse transcriptase
- RNA polymerase
- DNA polymerase
- DNA ligase
- Restriction endonucleases
5. Why is the DNA sample cooled from 70 degrees to 55 degrees?
- Allows DNA polymerase to add free nucleotides to make a new molecule of DNA
- To allow reverse transcriptase to convert RNA to DNA
- Allows primers to attach to DNA strands and mark where DNA polymerase attaches
- Allows the hydrogen bonds between the two strands of the DNA to break causing them to separate