1. Which of these was NOT an aim of the Human Genome Project?
- To locate genes on the human chromosomes
- To use genetic information to produce ideal humans
- To consider legal and ethical issues
- To determine all base sequences in DNA and the genes they form
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is eugenics?
- Encouraging the use of stem cells instead of embryo cloning
- Encouraging people to use pre natal and post natal screening
- Encouraging desirable traits and selective breeding of humans
- Encouraging gene therapy
3. What allows for variation within the genetic fingerprint of individuals
- The number of chromosomes an individual has
- The number of repeated exons in the fingerprint
- The number of repeated introns between exons
- The total number of exons
4. Why is the DNA sample cooled from 70 degrees to 55 degrees?
- Allows DNA polymerase to add free nucleotides to make a new molecule of DNA
- Allows primers to attach to DNA strands and mark where DNA polymerase attaches
- Allows the hydrogen bonds between the two strands of the DNA to break causing them to separate
- To allow reverse transcriptase to convert RNA to DNA
5. What is gene therapy?
- Insertion of extra chromosomes to counteract non functional genes
- Insertion of functional DNA to counteract a non functional gene
- Removal of non functional DNA to prevent further issues
- Removal of functional DNA to be cloned