1. What allows for variation within the genetic fingerprint of individuals
- The number of chromosomes an individual has
- The number of repeated introns between exons
- The total number of exons
- The number of repeated exons in the fingerprint
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is the DNA sample cooled from 70 degrees to 55 degrees?
- Allows primers to attach to DNA strands and mark where DNA polymerase attaches
- Allows the hydrogen bonds between the two strands of the DNA to break causing them to separate
- Allows DNA polymerase to add free nucleotides to make a new molecule of DNA
- To allow reverse transcriptase to convert RNA to DNA
3. What is gene therapy?
- Removal of functional DNA to be cloned
- Removal of non functional DNA to prevent further issues
- Insertion of functional DNA to counteract a non functional gene
- Insertion of extra chromosomes to counteract non functional genes
4. What is a clone?
- A group of similar organisms formed from two parents
- A group of similar organisms formed from a single parent
- A group of genetically identical organisms formed from a single parent
- A group of genetically identically organisms formed by sexual reproduction
5. Which of these is NOT used to form recombinant DNA?
- Reverse transcriptase
- RNA polymerase
- Restriction endonucleases
- DNA polymerase
- DNA ligase