1. What are stem cells?
- Cells that are undifferentiated but can become specialised
- Cells that have become differentiated
- Cells that are not totipotent and can only produce 1 cell type
- Cells that produce cancer
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is eugenics?
- Encouraging desirable traits and selective breeding of humans
- Encouraging people to use pre natal and post natal screening
- Encouraging gene therapy
- Encouraging the use of stem cells instead of embryo cloning
3. Why is the DNA sample cooled from 70 degrees to 55 degrees?
- To allow reverse transcriptase to convert RNA to DNA
- Allows primers to attach to DNA strands and mark where DNA polymerase attaches
- Allows DNA polymerase to add free nucleotides to make a new molecule of DNA
- Allows the hydrogen bonds between the two strands of the DNA to break causing them to separate
4. What does totipotent mean?
- The ability to reproduce asexually
- The ability to produce all types of cells
- The ability to grow without oxygen
- The ability to grow all year round
5. What is a clone?
- A group of similar organisms formed from two parents
- A group of similar organisms formed from a single parent
- A group of genetically identical organisms formed from a single parent
- A group of genetically identically organisms formed by sexual reproduction