1. Which of these is NOT used to form recombinant DNA?
- Reverse transcriptase
- RNA polymerase
- Restriction endonucleases
- DNA polymerase
- DNA ligase
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these was NOT an aim of the Human Genome Project?
- To consider legal and ethical issues
- To use genetic information to produce ideal humans
- To determine all base sequences in DNA and the genes they form
- To locate genes on the human chromosomes
3. What does totipotent mean?
- The ability to grow all year round
- The ability to produce all types of cells
- The ability to reproduce asexually
- The ability to grow without oxygen
4. What is eugenics?
- Encouraging the use of stem cells instead of embryo cloning
- Encouraging desirable traits and selective breeding of humans
- Encouraging gene therapy
- Encouraging people to use pre natal and post natal screening
5. What is gene therapy?
- Insertion of extra chromosomes to counteract non functional genes
- Removal of functional DNA to be cloned
- Insertion of functional DNA to counteract a non functional gene
- Removal of non functional DNA to prevent further issues