1. MRSA stands for
- meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- metetaphagitc-restraint Staphylococcus aureus
- megasound-resistantic Staphyolococcus aureus
- meticillinic-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the first antibiotic invented?
3. Future of medicine may invovle
- synthetic clonal selection and artificial selection.
- personalised medicine and synthetic biology.
- personalised DNA molecular elements and synthetic biology.
- personalised DNA molecule replication with enhances made and synthetic cloning of organs and organelles.
4. What is not an example of a source of medicine?
- Daffodils are grown to produce a drug used to treat Alzheimer's disease.
- Some infections can be cured using medications from the doctors.
- Some cancer drugs are made using soil bacteria.
- Penicillin is obtained from a fungus.
5. For the bacterium that are resistant they have a big advantage. It's better able to....
- Go undetected by the host.
- Send out cytokines so that other bacteria can become resistant, leading to millions of resistant bacteria.
- Survive in the host who's being treated with antibiotics to get rid of the infection, and so it lives longer and reproduces many more times.
- Destroy the host.