1. What substances are normally controlled by the cell membrane when entering the cell?
- Mineral ions and vitamins
- Oxygen and glucose
- Glucose and mineral ions
- Glucose and water
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the cell membrane do?
- Controls the passage of substances in and out the cell
- Strengthens the cell and gives it support
- Where protein synthesis takes place
- Controls the activities of the cell
3. What is the average animal cell length?
- 7.5 micrometres
- 35 micrometres
- 10-30 micrometres
- 40-50 micrometres
4. What happens in the ribosomes?
- Protein synthesis takes place, making all the proteins needed in the cell
- Controls the movement of substances out of the cell
- Aerobic respiration takes place to provide energy for the cells
- Where chemical reactions take place
5. What happens in the mitochondria?
- Controls the chemical reactions in the cell
- Aerobic respiration takes place to release energy for the cells
- Protein synthesis takes place
- Controls the passage of substances in the cell