1. What is the role of the nucleus in the animal cell?
- Controls all the activities of the cell
- It is where aerobic respiration takes place.
- Acts as the 'brain' of the cell
- Makes proteins needed to build new cells or organisms
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What substances are normally controlled by the cell membrane when leaving the cell
- Hormones and Urea
- Water and Urea
- Carbon dioxide and oxygen
- Hydrogen and Oxygen
3. What does the cell membrane do?
- Where protein synthesis takes place
- Controls the activities of the cell
- Controls the passage of substances in and out the cell
- Strengthens the cell and gives it support
4. What is the average animal cell length?
- 35 micrometres
- 10-30 micrometres
- 7.5 micrometres
- 40-50 micrometres
5. What happens in the ribosomes?
- Protein synthesis takes place, making all the proteins needed in the cell
- Aerobic respiration takes place to provide energy for the cells
- Where chemical reactions take place
- Controls the movement of substances out of the cell