1. a treatment in an Asclepion is...
- Asclepius would visit you and let the snake use its venom to cure you whilst you slept
- where a blind man would have a mixture of crushed garlic, vinegar, verjuice and squills put on his eyes and Asclepius's snake licked his eyes and he could see
- killing Asclepius's snake and roasting it for tea
- relaxing in a bubble bath with a drink of garlic and vinegar
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. why would patients feel better after visiting Asclepia?
- because they ate well and rested completely
- beause they would have been encouraged to have regular baths and exercise, eat regular meals and rest
- because they got to eat a snake
- because they weren't really ill they were faking (school sucked then as well)
3. why does the factor ' Education' have an impact on medicine?
- *they set up schools e.g Alexandria *these ideas in books could be wrong *some books been lost in translation
- *time to study and think, they also write things down *more dedicated to getting answers *more ideas they have, more curious as to why things happens
- *knowledge from other countries * new ideas, new treatments * could bring back illness to study
- *one source of water *able to study local vegetation *in one place, potentially less illness to catch *able to concentrate on finding cures *public health could decrease; everyone's living together *wealthy, build things, more time *healing temples
- *beliefs are strong, sometimes don't question anything new *might believe that gods cause illness
4. why was it important for hippocrates to show documenting information?
- hippocrates showed it was very important to document information to observe and record carefully the symptoms of the development of disease. doctors more likely to choose correct cure if they took care finding the cause
- so historians could cure people with crazy diseases
- because people could then steal his work and copy it
- because doctors couldn't be bothered to write it down so they relied on Hippocrates
5. what does 'ailment' mean?
- the theory that germs cause disease often by infection by air
- an illness that is not serious
- the cutting up and examination of a body
- a micro-organism that causes disease
Similar History resources: