1. why does the factor ' Education' have an impact on medicine?
- *beliefs are strong, sometimes don't question anything new *might believe that gods cause illness
- *time to study and think, they also write things down *more dedicated to getting answers *more ideas they have, more curious as to why things happens
- *they set up schools e.g Alexandria *these ideas in books could be wrong *some books been lost in translation
- *one source of water *able to study local vegetation *in one place, potentially less illness to catch *able to concentrate on finding cures *public health could decrease; everyone's living together *wealthy, build things, more time *healing temples
- *knowledge from other countries * new ideas, new treatments * could bring back illness to study
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. what did hippocrates do?
- proved the brain controlled the body not the heart
- he was the father of medicine and created the Hippocratic Oath that all doctors still take today, he observed symptoms and recorded them. he also made the Hippocratic collection of books came up with 4 humours theory and natural causes of illness.
- didnt create anything important but was a specialist doctor
- believed the Gods caused illness and thought natural remedies was crazy talk
3. what are the 4 humours?
- they are: blood, sweat, tears and pus. when they come.in contact of each other you are ill.
- they are blood, sweat, green bile and yellow bile. they are in your lungs and can be damaging when unbalanced
- hippocrates's answer to illness: they are: blood, phlegm, yellow bile and black bile. the body contains them, when we are healthy they are balanced. when they are unbalanced we are unhealthy.
- they are black bile, yellow bile, green bile and phlegm. when they become out of aligment, you are ill
4. a treatment in an Asclepion is...
- Asclepius would visit you and let the snake use its venom to cure you whilst you slept
- relaxing in a bubble bath with a drink of garlic and vinegar
- where a blind man would have a mixture of crushed garlic, vinegar, verjuice and squills put on his eyes and Asclepius's snake licked his eyes and he could see
- killing Asclepius's snake and roasting it for tea
5. what time period were the Ancient Romans around?
- 1500 - 1750BC
- 1500BC - 400BC
- 400BC - 400AD
- 3000BC -1500BC
Similar History resources: