1. why would patients feel better after visiting Asclepia?
- because they weren't really ill they were faking (school sucked then as well)
- because they got to eat a snake
- beause they would have been encouraged to have regular baths and exercise, eat regular meals and rest
- because they ate well and rested completely
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. who is 'Asclepius'?
- Greek God of Medicine
- Greek God of Healing
- Greek God of War
- Roman God of battle
3. why does the factor 'settled way of life 'have an impact on medicine?
- *one source of water *able to study local vegetation *in one place, potentially less illness to catch *able to concentrate on finding cures *public health could decrease; everyone's living together *wealthy, build things, more time *healing temples
- *knowledge from other countries * new ideas, new treatments * could bring back illness to study
- *time to study and think, they also write things down *more dedicated to getting answers *more ideas they have, more curious as to why things happens
- *beliefs are strong, sometimes don't question anything new *might believe that gods cause illness
- *they set up schools e.g Alexandria *these ideas in books could be wrong *some books been lost in translation
4. why was it important for hippocrates to show documenting information?
- hippocrates showed it was very important to document information to observe and record carefully the symptoms of the development of disease. doctors more likely to choose correct cure if they took care finding the cause
- so historians could cure people with crazy diseases
- because people could then steal his work and copy it
- because doctors couldn't be bothered to write it down so they relied on Hippocrates
5. when were the ancient greeks around?
- 400BC - 400AD
- 3000BC - 1500BC
- 1500BC - 400BC
Similar History resources: