1. Who make the decisions in criminal cases?
- Judge and Jury
- Magistrates or Jury
- Magistrates and Jury
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the standard of proof needed in criminal cases?
- On the balance of doubt
- Beyond all doubt
- Beyond reasonable doubt
- On the balance of probabilities
3. What is double liability?
- Where one action is in breach of two types of law
- Where one action affects two people
- Where two actions are prosecuted in the same court
- Where two actions are in breach of one law
4. Who starts a criminal trial?
- The State, usually through the CPS
- The victims of crime
- The State, never through the CPS
- The CPS alone
5. What is the purpose of Criminal Law?
- To punish offenders, protect society and reduce nationwide crime levels
- To maintain law and order, punish offenders and protect society
- To maintain law and order, punish offenders and uphold individual's rights
- To maintain law and order, protect society and compensate individuals