1. What courts hear criminal cases?
- Supreme Court or Crown Court
- Magistrates' Court or Crown Court
- Magistrates' Court or High Court
- County Court or Magistrates' Court
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What decisions are made in criminal law?
- Wins or loses case
- Prison or freedom
- Guilty or not guilty
- Liable or not liable
3. What sort of names would you see in criminal courts?
- Jones v Lloyd; XYZ Ltd v Lloyd
- HRH v Lloyd; CPS v Lloyd
- R v Lloyd; DPP v Lloyd
- R v Lloyd; S v Lloyd
4. What are the powers of criminal courts?
- Home arrest, community order, discharge, prison
- Prison, fine, curfew, discharge
- Prison, fine, community order, discharge
- Fine, discharge, community order, relocation
5. Who starts a criminal trial?
- The CPS alone
- The victims of crime
- The State, usually through the CPS
- The State, never through the CPS