1. What is the purpose of a criminal trial?
- To create new precedents
- To decide if there has been a breach of rights
- To decide if the defendant is guilty
- To compensate individuals
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What decisions are made in criminal law?
- Wins or loses case
- Prison or freedom
- Guilty or not guilty
- Liable or not liable
3. What is the purpose of Criminal Law?
- To punish offenders, protect society and reduce nationwide crime levels
- To maintain law and order, protect society and compensate individuals
- To maintain law and order, punish offenders and protect society
- To maintain law and order, punish offenders and uphold individual's rights
4. What is double liability?
- Where two actions are prosecuted in the same court
- Where one action is in breach of two types of law
- Where one action affects two people
- Where two actions are in breach of one law
5. Who make the decisions in criminal cases?
- Magistrates or Jury
- Judge and Jury
- Magistrates and Jury