1. What is the standard of proof needed in criminal cases?
- On the balance of doubt
- Beyond reasonable doubt
- On the balance of probabilities
- Beyond all doubt
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the powers of criminal courts?
- Home arrest, community order, discharge, prison
- Prison, fine, curfew, discharge
- Prison, fine, community order, discharge
- Fine, discharge, community order, relocation
3. What is the purpose of a criminal trial?
- To create new precedents
- To decide if the defendant is guilty
- To compensate individuals
- To decide if there has been a breach of rights
4. What sort of names would you see in criminal courts?
- Jones v Lloyd; XYZ Ltd v Lloyd
- R v Lloyd; DPP v Lloyd
- R v Lloyd; S v Lloyd
- HRH v Lloyd; CPS v Lloyd
5. Who starts a criminal trial?
- The victims of crime
- The State, never through the CPS
- The State, usually through the CPS
- The CPS alone