1. What is the purpose of a criminal trial?
- To compensate individuals
- To decide if the defendant is guilty
- To decide if there has been a breach of rights
- To create new precedents
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who make the decisions in criminal cases?
- Judge and Jury
- Magistrates or Jury
- Magistrates and Jury
3. What is the standard of proof needed in criminal cases?
- On the balance of doubt
- Beyond all doubt
- Beyond reasonable doubt
- On the balance of probabilities
4. What is the purpose of Criminal Law?
- To punish offenders, protect society and reduce nationwide crime levels
- To maintain law and order, punish offenders and protect society
- To maintain law and order, punish offenders and uphold individual's rights
- To maintain law and order, protect society and compensate individuals
5. What are the powers of criminal courts?
- Fine, discharge, community order, relocation
- Prison, fine, community order, discharge
- Prison, fine, curfew, discharge
- Home arrest, community order, discharge, prison