1. What is the purpose of a criminal trial?
- To compensate individuals
- To create new precedents
- To decide if the defendant is guilty
- To decide if there has been a breach of rights
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What sort of names would you see in criminal courts?
- R v Lloyd; DPP v Lloyd
- HRH v Lloyd; CPS v Lloyd
- R v Lloyd; S v Lloyd
- Jones v Lloyd; XYZ Ltd v Lloyd
3. What is the standard of proof needed in criminal cases?
- On the balance of probabilities
- On the balance of doubt
- Beyond reasonable doubt
- Beyond all doubt
4. Who make the decisions in criminal cases?
- Judge and Jury
- Magistrates or Jury
- Magistrates and Jury
5. What is the purpose of Criminal Law?
- To maintain law and order, punish offenders and protect society
- To punish offenders, protect society and reduce nationwide crime levels
- To maintain law and order, protect society and compensate individuals
- To maintain law and order, punish offenders and uphold individual's rights