1. Name the thing that Gerald did to Eva Smith?
- Gave her a flat and money to live on and kept for her 6 months but after that left her and went to get engaged to Sheila.
- Gave her enough money so she can go on a holiday.
- Left her homeless on the street.
- Introduced her to his family and made her live in his house but she had to work as a servant.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is Eric not seen much in the play?
- He doesn't like to be seen with his family but going out and being drunk.
- He got kicked out from the house.
- Becuase he feels isolated from his family.
- Mr Birling found out that he drinks and stole money from his office and kicked him out.
3. Why did Mrs Birling refuse Eva Smith/Daisy Renton when she came for help in her charity?
- Mrs Birling found out that Eva was pregnant with Eric's child and was furious
- She was a working class woman.
- Because Eva called herself Mrs Birling
- Because Eva was ugly
4. Did Sheila change of what happened to Eva Smith?
- Yes, she blames herself for the whole incident and takes responsiblity.
- Lik Mr Birling, she wanted to pay Eva's death with money
- No, she doesn't care.
- After the Inspector left, she became pleased because the Inspector was a fake.
5. What does Mr Birling call his workers?
- Cheap labour
- Helpful people
- Hardworking employers
Similar English Literature resources: