1. Why did Inspector Goole come and tried to make them confees their actions and accept responsiblity?
- No reason.
- Because there was a death in their area and he wanted to blame them.
- Because he wanted to make them aware of their actions and accept what they did. Also to tell them that, it is wrong to treat other people in a bad way, just because they're a certain something e.g lower class or poor.
- There was a mystery and he wanted to find out.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Gerald go out of the house to 'cool off' regarding what happened to Eva Smith?
- He wanted to get away from the suicide business.
- He was feeling devastated because she died and he was blind to see it.
- He wanted to see if Inspector Goole was a real or fake police officer.
- He wanted to clear his head.
3. Name the thing that Gerald did to Eva Smith?
- Introduced her to his family and made her live in his house but she had to work as a servant.
- Gave her enough money so she can go on a holiday.
- Gave her a flat and money to live on and kept for her 6 months but after that left her and went to get engaged to Sheila.
- Left her homeless on the street.
4. At what time of period did Inspector Calls was set?
- 1650 to 1711.
- 1912 to 1945.
- 1987 to 1998.
- 1900 to 2005.
5. What kind of reaction do we see when Mr Birling first finds out that a girl commited suicide in the Infirmary?
- He doesn't care
Similar English Literature resources: