1. Why did Gerald go out of the house to 'cool off' regarding what happened to Eva Smith?
- He was feeling devastated because she died and he was blind to see it.
- He wanted to clear his head.
- He wanted to see if Inspector Goole was a real or fake police officer.
- He wanted to get away from the suicide business.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Mrs Birling refuse Eva Smith/Daisy Renton when she came for help in her charity?
- She was a working class woman.
- Because Eva was ugly
- Because Eva called herself Mrs Birling
- Mrs Birling found out that Eva was pregnant with Eric's child and was furious
3. Does Eric and Sheila change?
- They go from being good to bad.
- They go from being sensible to naughty.
- Yes, they go from immature to being responsible.
- They go from being rude to insolent.
4. Why did Inspector Goole come and tried to make them confees their actions and accept responsiblity?
- Because he wanted to make them aware of their actions and accept what they did. Also to tell them that, it is wrong to treat other people in a bad way, just because they're a certain something e.g lower class or poor.
- No reason.
- Because there was a death in their area and he wanted to blame them.
- There was a mystery and he wanted to find out.
5. What does Mr Birling call his workers?
- Helpful people
- Cheap labour
- Hardworking employers
Similar English Literature resources: