1. What is a peptide?
- A compound formed from monomer units bonded by ester linkages.
- A compound formed through a condensation reaction.
- A compound made of amino acids linked by peptide bonds.
- A compound made of carboxylic acids linked by peptide bonds.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a zwitterion?
- The pH value at which the amino acid exists as an isoelectric ion.
- A dipolar ionic form of an amino acid that is formed by the donation of a hydrogen ion from the carboxyl group to the amino group.
- A positively charged form of the amino acid.
- A negatively charged form of the amino acid.
3. What are amino acids soluble in?
- Acids and bases
4. The R group on an amino acid can contain...
- OH, SH, COOH, NH2
- COOH, O, NH
- SH, NH2, O, OH
5. What are assembled into proteins?
- Amino acids
- Carboxylic acids