1. The R group on an amino acid can contain...
- COOH, O, NH
- OH, SH, COOH, NH2
- SH, NH2, O, OH
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What groups do alpha amino acids (those in the body) need to have?
- A acidic amine group and a basic carboxyl group
- A acidic amine group and a basic carboxyl group connected to the same carbon atom
- A basic amine group and an acidic carboxyl group connected to the same carbon
- A basic amine group and an acidic carboxyl group
3. What is a zwitterion?
- The pH value at which the amino acid exists as an isoelectric ion.
- A negatively charged form of the amino acid.
- A dipolar ionic form of an amino acid that is formed by the donation of a hydrogen ion from the carboxyl group to the amino group.
- A positively charged form of the amino acid.
4. Does a zwitterion have a charge?
- A negative charge
- A positive charge
5. What are assembled into proteins?
- Carboxylic acids
- Amino acids