1. The R group on an amino acid can contain...
- SH, NH2, O, OH
- OH, SH, COOH, NH2
- COOH, O, NH
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are assembled into proteins?
- Amino acids
- Carboxylic acids
3. What are amino acids soluble in?
- Acids and bases
4. What is the isoelectric point?
- The pH value at which a positive amino acid is formed.
- A dipolar ionic form of an amino acid.
- The pH value at which the amino acid exists as a zwitterion.
- The pH value at which a negative amino acid is formed.
5. What is a zwitterion?
- A negatively charged form of the amino acid.
- A dipolar ionic form of an amino acid that is formed by the donation of a hydrogen ion from the carboxyl group to the amino group.
- The pH value at which the amino acid exists as an isoelectric ion.
- A positively charged form of the amino acid.