1. What problems did water shortages cause to the homesteaders?
- They had nothing to drink
- They would smell as they could not wash
- Could lead to crop failure, starvation and brankruptcy - no rivers or wells
- Nothing - it didn't make any difference
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why was polygamy common?
- Husbands were lost in battle, more children, everyone was cared for
- It wasn't
- They copied the Mormons
- More women than men, husbands lost in battle, men were greedy
3. Why were armed gaurds hired by coach companies?
- In case of robberies
- In case the indians attacked
- They weren't
- To protect themsleves from the buffalo
4. 1844 what revelation caused problems for some mormons?
- Polygamy was acceptable
- The Indians were the enemy
- They could no longer practice polygamy
- There wasn't one
5. In 1840 whose territory was the Great Plains?
- Native American Indians
Similar History resources: