1. Name 2 parts of the buffalo used for religious reasons.
- Painted skull used for rituals, horns made into head-dresses
- Meat used as sacrifice, ground hooves used to paint pictures during rituals
- Painted hooves used for prayer, hide made into religious robes
- Stretched hide formed drums, and bones were used as drumsticks
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name 3 parts of the buffalo used for clothing.
- Mittens made of buffalo fur, meat used for head-dresses, leggings made from horns.
- Head-dresses made by horns, tanned hide made leggings etc., fur made mittens.
- String made of tendons, moccasins made from hair, mittens made from tanned hide.
- Head-dresses made by tanned hide, shoes made by hooves, tendons used for string etc.
3. What were 3 of the 5 main challenges faced by Plains Indians?
- Extinct food source, high speed winds and no weapons.
- Lack of wind, no food and the low temperatures
- High speed winds, extremes in temperature and the need to move frequently.
- High temperatures, lack of shelter and rough terrain
4. Name 3 parts of the buffalo used for items in the home.
- Spoons made from the horns, soap made from fat, hooves crafted into tools.
- Tanned hide for tipi covers, hooves for toys, tendons made into rugs
- Dung was used as fuel, bones were made into pencils, horns made cups
- Cutlery made from horns, bedsheets made from tanned hide, fireplaces made from bones
5. What were the 2 methods of buffalo hunting?
- Shooting the Buffalo, Following the Buffalo
- Approaching the Buffalo, Shooting the Buffalo
- Approaching the Buffalo, Running the Buffalo
- Shooting the Buffalo, Trapping the Buffalo