1. What were the 2 methods of buffalo hunting?
- Shooting the Buffalo, Trapping the Buffalo
- Approaching the Buffalo, Running the Buffalo
- Approaching the Buffalo, Shooting the Buffalo
- Shooting the Buffalo, Following the Buffalo
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name 3 parts of the buffalo used for warfare.
- Tanned hide worn as disguises during ambushes, swords made from bones, hooves used as ammunition for catapults
- Horns acted as arrow straighteners, bones were crafted into knives, raw hide was used as shields
- Shields were made from flattened skulls, bones sharpened to from arrows, horns were used as knives
- Hair used as fletchings on arrows, bones used as bows, raw hide used as shields
3. Name 2 parts of the buffalo used for religious reasons.
- Stretched hide formed drums, and bones were used as drumsticks
- Meat used as sacrifice, ground hooves used to paint pictures during rituals
- Painted skull used for rituals, horns made into head-dresses
- Painted hooves used for prayer, hide made into religious robes
4. Name 3 parts of the buffalo used for items in the home.
- Spoons made from the horns, soap made from fat, hooves crafted into tools.
- Cutlery made from horns, bedsheets made from tanned hide, fireplaces made from bones
- Tanned hide for tipi covers, hooves for toys, tendons made into rugs
- Dung was used as fuel, bones were made into pencils, horns made cups
5. What were 2 key features of tipis and how did they help overcome the problems?
- Had a waterproof layer to protect against heavy rain. Bottom of tipi rolls up to let in air, and flaps act as shade from the sun.
- Built flat to the ground to prevent damage from high winds. Flaps at the top could be opened up to allow smoke from fires to escape.
- Poles used as travois, could be packed in 10 minutes. Made of 10-20 buffalo hides, required little wood.
- Holes in the sides acted as ventilation for the high temperatures. Conical, bottom-heavy shape to prevent blowing over.