1. Who argues that 'the tyranny of unanimity' is worse than the 'tyranny of the majority'?
- De Tocqueville
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Between which years did the US exhibit relative mobility compared with the UK?
3. For what percent of its history did the US declare most of its population ineligible for full American citizenship solely because of their race, original nationality, or gender?
4. The size of the American government measured by expenditure has doubled since?
5. Who shows that the origin of exceptionalism lay in the merger of the republican and millenial traditions that formed in historical writing?