1. Who argues that 'the tyranny of unanimity' is worse than the 'tyranny of the majority'?
- De Tocqueville
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was unique about the UK workforce before 1920?
- only country where service class was larger than working class
- unusual levels of interjob mobility
3. The size of the American government measured by expenditure has doubled since?
4. Between which years did the US exhibit relative mobility compared with the UK?
5. WHo argues that 'the critical absence has not been comparative and international perspectives themselves but rather the failure of comparative history to transcend the boundaries of nationalist historiography'?