1. For what percent of its history did the US declare most of its population ineligible for full American citizenship solely because of their race, original nationality, or gender?
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a feature of De Tocqueville's analysis of the US polity, with it's 'equality of conditions'?
- lack of class boundaries
- equality of outcome
- social mobility
- equality of opportunity
3. Who says that American politics is best understood as expressing the interaction of multiple political traditions, including liberalism, republicanism and ascriptive forms of Americanism?
4. What was unique about the UK workforce before 1920?
- only country where service class was larger than working class
- unusual levels of interjob mobility
5. Who argues that 'the tyranny of unanimity' is worse than the 'tyranny of the majority'?
- De Tocqueville