1. Between which years did the US exhibit relative mobility compared with the UK?
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. The size of the American government measured by expenditure has doubled since?
3. Who argues that 'the tyranny of unanimity' is worse than the 'tyranny of the majority'?
- De Tocqueville
4. Which of the following is not a feature of De Tocqueville's analysis of the US polity, with it's 'equality of conditions'?
- equality of outcome
- lack of class boundaries
- equality of opportunity
- social mobility
5. Who shows that the origin of exceptionalism lay in the merger of the republican and millenial traditions that formed in historical writing?