1. What was unique about the UK workforce before 1920?
- only country where service class was larger than working class
- unusual levels of interjob mobility
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. The size of the American government measured by expenditure has doubled since?
3. For what percent of its history did the US declare most of its population ineligible for full American citizenship solely because of their race, original nationality, or gender?
4. Who says that American politics is best understood as expressing the interaction of multiple political traditions, including liberalism, republicanism and ascriptive forms of Americanism?
5. WHo argues that 'the critical absence has not been comparative and international perspectives themselves but rather the failure of comparative history to transcend the boundaries of nationalist historiography'?