1. The size of the American government measured by expenditure has doubled since?
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was unique about the UK workforce before 1920?
- only country where service class was larger than working class
- unusual levels of interjob mobility
3. For what percent of its history did the US declare most of its population ineligible for full American citizenship solely because of their race, original nationality, or gender?
4. WHo argues that 'the critical absence has not been comparative and international perspectives themselves but rather the failure of comparative history to transcend the boundaries of nationalist historiography'?
5. Which of the following is not a feature of De Tocqueville's analysis of the US polity, with it's 'equality of conditions'?
- equality of outcome
- equality of opportunity
- social mobility
- lack of class boundaries