1. Fullerenes are commonly used for
- delivering drug into specific cells of the body
- To make hard substances for saws
- fermentation in cooking
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is graphite slippery?
- The weak bonds between the layers are easily broken.
- The bonds between each carbon atom break easily.
- Each carbon atom is bonded to three others at 120· which make it easy to break the bonds.
- are soluble in organic solvents
- form brightly coloured solutions in inorganic solvents
- can't conduct electricity
- are not soluble in organic solvents
4. Nanoparticles are generally..
- 50 nanometres across, where a nanometre is 10^-9
- 150 nanometres across, where a nanometre is 10^-9
- 100 nanometres across, where a nanometre is 10^-9 m
- 100 nanometres across, where a nanometre is 10^-10
5. Why carbon atoms can form this type of structure?
- They can form 4 strong bonds.
- The electrons get excited when the bond and one of them moves to the 3s shell.
- It only has 2 shells.
- Its electrons are in the 2p shell.