1. Which is the name of the first fullerene discovered?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. How are the sheets bonded together in graphite?
- By van der Waals forces
- The atoms are attracted to the delocalised electron
- By hydrophobic interactions
- By permanent dipole- dipole forces
3. Why is graphite slippery?
- Each carbon atom is bonded to three others at 120· which make it easy to break the bonds.
- The weak bonds between the layers are easily broken.
- The bonds between each carbon atom break easily.
4. Which bonding does graphite have?
- Three pi bonds each
- Four pi bonds each
- Three sigma bonds each
- Four sigma bonds each
5. Why is graphite less dense than diamond?
- There are many sheets.
- The bonds formed are weaker.
- The layers are far apart
- The sheets have a hexagonal shape.