1. Say which property of diamond is correct
- It will only dissolve in polar solvents
- It will dissolve in all solvents
- It won't dissolve in any solvent
- It will only dissolve in non-polar solvents
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is diamond a good thermal conductor?
- Vibrations travel easily through the lattice.
- It has a delocalised electron
- The stiff lattice
- are not soluble in organic solvents
- form brightly coloured solutions in inorganic solvents
- are soluble in organic solvents
- can't conduct electricity
4. What is diamond used for?
- To make ovens
- As a dry lubricant
- In diamond-tipped drills and saws
- In pencils
5. Why carbon atoms can form this type of structure?
- Its electrons are in the 2p shell.
- The electrons get excited when the bond and one of them moves to the 3s shell.
- They can form 4 strong bonds.
- It only has 2 shells.