1. Why is the endothelium in the artery folded?
- to allow the artery to expand, helping it to cope with high pressure
- to give it a large surface area
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do the cords in the heart do?
- keep the atria in shape
- keep the ventricles in shape
- attach the atrioventricular valves to the ventricles to stop them being forced up into the atria when the ventricles contract
- attach the semilunar valves to the ventricles to stop them being forced up into the aorta
3. How is blood helped to flow through veins?
- by contraction of body muscles surrounding them
- by the veins contracting
- by the valves
4. Do veins contain valves?
5. If there is higher pressure behind a valve, is it forced open or shut?