1. Which has a larger lumen - arteries or veins?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do arteries have elastic tissue in the walls?
- to cope with the high pressure caused by the heartbeat
- to expand in case of clot
- in case of damage
3. How is blood helped to flow through veins?
- by contraction of body muscles surrounding them
- by the veins contracting
- by the valves
4. Are veins elastic?
5. What are the networks of capillaries in tissues called?
- Capillary beds
- capillary networks
- capillary bases