1. Are veins elastic?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the pulmonary artery do?
- Pump deoxygenated blood to the lungs
- bring deoxygenated blood back from the body
- pump oxygenated blood to the body
- bring oxygenated blood back from the lungs
3. Why does the left ventricle have thicker walls than the right ventricle?
- needs to contract powerfully to pump blood all the way round the body but right side only needs to get blood to the lungs, which are nearby
- less well supported
4. Why do arteries have elastic tissue in the walls?
- in case of damage
- to cope with the high pressure caused by the heartbeat
- to expand in case of clot
5. If there is higher pressure behind a valve, is it forced open or shut?