1. What are the networks of capillaries in tissues called?
- Capillary beds
- capillary networks
- capillary bases
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why are capillary walls (endothelium) only one cell thick?
- To speed up diffusion
- To make them smaller
3. What does the pulmonary artery do?
- Pump deoxygenated blood to the lungs
- bring deoxygenated blood back from the body
- pump oxygenated blood to the body
- bring oxygenated blood back from the lungs
4. Why is the endothelium in the artery folded?
- to allow the artery to expand, helping it to cope with high pressure
- to give it a large surface area
5. Do arteries have thick or thin muscle layer?