1. Why is the endothelium in the artery folded?
- to allow the artery to expand, helping it to cope with high pressure
- to give it a large surface area
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which has a larger lumen - arteries or veins?
3. If there is higher pressure behind a valve, is it forced open or shut?
4. Are veins elastic?
5. What does the pulmonary vein do?
- pump oxygenated blood to the body
- Pump deoxygenated blood to the lungs
- brings oxygenated blood back from the lungs
- bring deoxygenated blood back from the body