1. What did Beattie find?
- Women and men interrupted with more or less equal frequency.
- Men interrupt more than women.
- Women interrupt more than men.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of the following is NOT one of the six contrasts proposed by Tannen?
- Orders vs. Commands
- Conflict vs. Compromise
- Information vs. Feelings
- Independence vs. Intimacy
- Advice vs. Understanding
- Status vs. Support
- Orders vs. Proposals
3. Who supports the Difference theory?
- Deborah Tannen and Jennifer Coates
- Deborah Cameron and Jennifer Coates
- Deborah Cameron
4. According to Tannen, why do men assume role of information giver?
- It reinforces strength and status.
- It makes them more important than women.
- It boosts their status.
- Males are more dominant.
5. What is "verbal hygiene"?
- Deborah Jones says that women have been instructed in the proper ways of talking.
- Deborah Cameron says that women have been instructed in the proper ways of talking.
- Deborah Tannen says that women have been instructed in the proper ways of talking.