1. Which of the following is NOT one of Jennifer Coates' categories for all-female conversation?
- House Talk
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who proposed the Deficit theory?
- Robin Lakoff
- Deborah Tannen
- Jennifer Coates
3. What does the Deficit theory propose?
- The language of males and females is deficit.
- Male language is treated as the standard or norm, and female's as deficient.
- Males are seen as the subordinate group.
4. Who supports the Difference theory?
- Deborah Tannen and Jennifer Coates
- Deborah Cameron and Jennifer Coates
- Deborah Cameron
5. What does Deborah Tannen propose?
- Men use factual information to build and maintain relationships.
- Men tend to use a rapport style, whereas women use a report style.
- Men tend to use a report style (factual information), whereas women tend to use a rapport style (concerned with building and maintaining relationships).
- Women use factual information to build and maintain relationships.