1. When was Of Mice and Men Published?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why don't the men on the ranch like Curley's wife?
- She killed Candy's dog
- She is known as a 'tart' by the men as she likes to flirt
- She killed one of their wives
- She stole a gun off of them
3. What is marginalisation and why is it important in Of Mice and Men?
- It is the process of pushing someone to the side and isolating them from society. For example, Lennie and his mental disability, Candy being old and Crooks for being a different skin colour.
- Pushing everyone to the side and isolating yourself. For example Curley
- Treating everyone equally. For example Slim, he never treats anyone differently and is equal to everyone including Curley's wife
- The harming of animals. For example Candy's dog being shot because it's old and Candy not having a say in it.
4. Why is the concept of dreaming important in Of Mice and Men?
- If they didn't have a 'dream' then nothing would keep them going through the hard times, the American dream was to own your own business and make lots of money.
- The whole novel is a dream
- The men couldn't dream
- The men didn't know what dreams were
5. Why is the date that Of Mice and Men was published significant?
- It was in the depression and has a lot to do with the novel
- It's not significant
- It was a fun time and everyone had jobs
- Everyone was rich