1. What is the colour change when a aldehyde is present in Fehling's solution?
- Blue --> Orange/Brown precipitate
- Orange --> Green
- Green --> Orange
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does a ketone not change Fehling's solution?
- Does not oxidise further
- Because it has a spare hydrogen
- Does not reduce further
3. The two series belong in the ...
- amide group
- carbonyl group
- hydroxyl group
4. Oxidation of a primary alcohol gives you a ...
- Will not oxidise
5. What is the catalyst for this nucleophillic addition?
- Strong Acid
- Strong alkali
Similar Chemistry resources: