1. Why does a ketone not change Fehling's solution?
- Does not oxidise further
- Because it has a spare hydrogen
- Does not reduce further
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Oxidation of a secondary alcohol gives you a...
- Will not oxidise
3. What is the colour change when a aldehyde is present in Fehling's solution?
- Green --> Orange
- Blue --> Orange/Brown precipitate
- Orange --> Green
4. Which of these oxidises further to give a carboxylic acid?
- Tertiaty alcohol
5. If you were to reduce an aldehyde, what would be produced?
- Primary alcohol
- Carboxylic acid
Similar Chemistry resources: