1. What is the catalyst for this nucleophillic addition?
- Strong Acid
- Strong alkali
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does a ketone not change Fehling's solution?
- Does not oxidise further
- Because it has a spare hydrogen
- Does not reduce further
3. To form a aldehyde/ketone, you must oxidise a alcohol with ...
- alkaline potassium chromate
- acidified potassium dichromate
- acidified potassium chromate
4. If you were to reduce an aldehyde, what would be produced?
- Primary alcohol
- Carboxylic acid
5. When oxidised, the solution will turn from ...
- orange --> green
- green --> orange
- orange --> blue