1. Why does a ketone not change Fehling's solution?
- Does not oxidise further
- Because it has a spare hydrogen
- Does not reduce further
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the colour change when a aldehyde is present in Fehling's solution?
- Blue --> Orange/Brown precipitate
- Orange --> Green
- Green --> Orange
3. To form a aldehyde/ketone, you must oxidise a alcohol with ...
- acidified potassium dichromate
- acidified potassium chromate
- alkaline potassium chromate
4. Oxidation of a secondary alcohol gives you a...
- Will not oxidise
5. The two series belong in the ...
- carbonyl group
- hydroxyl group
- amide group
Similar Chemistry resources: