1. To form a aldehyde/ketone, you must oxidise a alcohol with ...
- alkaline potassium chromate
- acidified potassium dichromate
- acidified potassium chromate
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. If you were to reduce an aldehyde, what would be produced?
- Primary alcohol
- Carboxylic acid
3. During nucleophillic addition, which molecule acts as the nucleophille?
- Cyanide ion
4. What is used as the catalyst in reduction of the aldehydes/ketones?
- Sodium tetrahydrdoborate
- Potassium dichromate
- Acidified potassium dichromate
5. When oxidised, the solution will turn from ...
- orange --> blue
- orange --> green
- green --> orange