1. What is the function group for Carboxylic Acids?
- There isn't a function group
- It is C-O-O-H
- It is O-H
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the Function group for an Ester?
- It is -C-O-O-
- It is C-O
- It is -H-O
3. Give one way of forming a Carboxylic Acid?
- A mildly Oxidising Agent to turn an Alcohol into a Carboxylic Acid
- Mix the Alcohol with water
- Increasing the pressure on the Alcohol
4. How are Esters used in Industry?
- Through Perfumes and Artificial Food Flavourings
- In Cleaning Products and Shoe Polish
- They are used as Catalysts for other reactions
5. How is an Ester formed?
- Reacting an Alcohol and a Carboxylic Acid
- Heating an Alcohol
- Heating a Carboxylic Acid