1. The reaction between an Alcohol and a Carboxylic Acid can be catalysed by what?
- An Alkali Metal
- A piece of Iron
- A concentrated Acid (e.g. Sulphuric Acid)
- A Nickel catalyst
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. When an Alcohol and Sodium react , what is given off?
- Hydrogen gas
- Carbon Dioxide and Water
- Carbon Monoxide
3. How is an Ester formed?
- Reacting an Alcohol and a Carboxylic Acid
- Heating an Alcohol
- Heating a Carboxylic Acid
4. How are Esters used in Industry?
- They are used as Catalysts for other reactions
- Through Perfumes and Artificial Food Flavourings
- In Cleaning Products and Shoe Polish
5. What's the Carboxylic Acid in fruits such as oranges?
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)