1. What is the Function group for an Ester?
- It is -C-O-O-
- It is C-O
- It is -H-O
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. The reaction between an Alcohol and a Carboxylic Acid can be catalysed by what?
- A concentrated Acid (e.g. Sulphuric Acid)
- A piece of Iron
- A Nickel catalyst
- An Alkali Metal
3. What is the function group for Carboxylic Acids?
- There isn't a function group
- It is C-O-O-H
- It is O-H
4. What function group do Alcohols have?
- They ALWAYS end in O-H
- They end in C-O-O-H
- They don't have a function group
5. When naming an Ester, how do you choose the name?
- The first part of the name is ALWAYS the Alcohol used, and the Second part of the name comes from the Carboxylic Acid used
- The first part of the name is ALWAYS the Carboxylic Acid and the Second part is the Alcohol