1. What is the Function group for an Ester?
- It is -C-O-O-
- It is C-O
- It is -H-O
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. The reaction between an Alcohol and a Carboxylic Acid can be catalysed by what?
- An Alkali Metal
- A piece of Iron
- A concentrated Acid (e.g. Sulphuric Acid)
- A Nickel catalyst
3. What is the function group for Carboxylic Acids?
- There isn't a function group
- It is C-O-O-H
- It is O-H
4. Alcohols are a Homologous series, what does this mean?
- Homologous is a type of drug
- Homologous - A group of chemicals that all have the same General formula and have very similiar properties
- They all react with each other
5. What is the general formula for an Alcohol?
- Cn H2n+1 OH
- OH C3 H2n
- C4n Hn OH