1. When naming an Ester, how do you choose the name?
- The first part of the name is ALWAYS the Alcohol used, and the Second part of the name comes from the Carboxylic Acid used
- The first part of the name is ALWAYS the Carboxylic Acid and the Second part is the Alcohol
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. How are Esters used in Industry?
- Through Perfumes and Artificial Food Flavourings
- In Cleaning Products and Shoe Polish
- They are used as Catalysts for other reactions
3. What function group do Alcohols have?
- They ALWAYS end in O-H
- They end in C-O-O-H
- They don't have a function group
4. Give one way of forming a Carboxylic Acid?
- A mildly Oxidising Agent to turn an Alcohol into a Carboxylic Acid
- Mix the Alcohol with water
- Increasing the pressure on the Alcohol
5. Alcohols are a Homologous series, what does this mean?
- Homologous is a type of drug
- Homologous - A group of chemicals that all have the same General formula and have very similiar properties
- They all react with each other