1. What is released when an Alcohol is burnt?
- Nothing is released
- They release Carbon Dioxide and Water
- They release Hydrogen
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. The reaction between an Alcohol and a Carboxylic Acid can be catalysed by what?
- A Nickel catalyst
- An Alkali Metal
- A concentrated Acid (e.g. Sulphuric Acid)
- A piece of Iron
3. How is an Ester formed?
- Heating a Carboxylic Acid
- Reacting an Alcohol and a Carboxylic Acid
- Heating an Alcohol
4. Alcohols are a Homologous series, what does this mean?
- Homologous - A group of chemicals that all have the same General formula and have very similiar properties
- They all react with each other
- Homologous is a type of drug
5. What is a useful Carboxylic Acid?
- Methylated Spirits
- Ethanoic acid (found in Vinegar)