1. What is the Function group for an Ester?
- It is -H-O
- It is -C-O-O-
- It is C-O
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. When naming an Ester, how do you choose the name?
- The first part of the name is ALWAYS the Alcohol used, and the Second part of the name comes from the Carboxylic Acid used
- The first part of the name is ALWAYS the Carboxylic Acid and the Second part is the Alcohol
3. What is a useful Carboxylic Acid?
- Methylated Spirits
- Ethanoic acid (found in Vinegar)
4. What is the function group for Carboxylic Acids?
- It is C-O-O-H
- It is O-H
- There isn't a function group
5. Give an Advantage of producing Esters through a reaction, rather than extracting them from Fruit
- A reaction produces a more concentrated Ester
- It is quicker to produce the Ester in a reaction , than to extract it
- Extracting the Ester damages the structure