1. What's the Carboxylic Acid in fruits such as oranges?
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give an Advantage of producing Esters through a reaction, rather than extracting them from Fruit
- A reaction produces a more concentrated Ester
- It is quicker to produce the Ester in a reaction , than to extract it
- Extracting the Ester damages the structure
3. What is released when an Alcohol is burnt?
- They release Carbon Dioxide and Water
- They release Hydrogen
- Nothing is released
4. How is an Ester formed?
- Heating a Carboxylic Acid
- Reacting an Alcohol and a Carboxylic Acid
- Heating an Alcohol
5. When naming an Ester, how do you choose the name?
- The first part of the name is ALWAYS the Alcohol used, and the Second part of the name comes from the Carboxylic Acid used
- The first part of the name is ALWAYS the Carboxylic Acid and the Second part is the Alcohol