1. Why doesn't the back to Africa movement work?
- they had been deculturalised
- they couldn't afford the journey
- they were determined to remain in America
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much of the black population was in the South in 1940?
3. What did Gaines v. Canada rule in 1938?
- separate but equal must really mean equal
- separate but equal is unconstitutional
- sepaprate but equal does not apply to education
4. Who did Herbert Hoover attempt to appoint to the Supreme Court?
- Judge Harry Blackmun
- Judge John J Parker
- Judge Earl Warren
5. What did Guinn v. US in 1915 rule?
- literacy tests are unconstitutional
- grandfather clauses are unconstitutional
- grandfather clauses are constitutional
Similar History resources: