1. Why did Marcus Garvey wear a military uniform?
- he was President of Africa
- a sign of authority that was traditionally worn by whites
- he was the leader of the African Army
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much of the black population was in the South in 1940?
3. Who did Herbert Hoover attempt to appoint to the Supreme Court?
- Judge John J Parker
- Judge Earl Warren
- Judge Harry Blackmun
4. How many members does the UNIA have in 1919?
- 2 million
5. Who's advice was not listened to by President Theodore Roosevelt with the Brownsville affair?
- Booker T. Washington
- WEB Dubois
- Marcus Garvey
Similar History resources: