1. What do the changes to breathing and heart rate during exercise cause?
- Quicker rate of Gaseous exchange in lungs (so respiration can happen more quickly) and arteries dilate
- Nerve impulses are sent to brain more quickly
- Stomach digests food more quickly
- Arteries constrict (stopping blood flowing away from muscles)
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is Oxygen debt?
- The amount of Oxygen needed to normalise the Oxygen levels in the blood after exercise
- The amount of oxygen that must flow through muscles to oxidise and remove the lactic acid the has built up
- The amount of oxygen needed to oxidise the CO2 produced in Aerobic respiration
3. What percent of energy is released by Anaerobic compared to aerobic respiration?
4. Why does anaerobic respiration happen?
- Muscles can't be supplied with Oxygen quickly enough
- Water is being lost too quickly from sweat and breathing
- So muscles can produce more than using Aerobic respiration
5. What is the only reactant during anaerobic respiration?
- Carbon dioxide