1. What does lactic acid cause?
- muscle fatigue (muscles stop contracting efficiently and hurt)
- Neutralisation of water in muscles
- increased rate of digestion
- Muscles to increase in size
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What stored substance is converted into glucose during exercise to produce energy?
3. Which of these is NOT a use of the energy released in respiration?
- Diffusion of Oxygen and CO2, and Osmosis
- Used to build up larger molecules from small molecules (e.g Proteins from amino acids)
- Muscle contraction
- Maintain a constant body temperature (in animals)
4. Which change does NOT take place during exercise?
- Enzymes denature
- Depth of breathing increases
- Heart rate increases
- Breathing rate increases
5. What is Oxygen debt?
- The amount of Oxygen needed to normalise the Oxygen levels in the blood after exercise
- The amount of oxygen that must flow through muscles to oxidise and remove the lactic acid the has built up
- The amount of oxygen needed to oxidise the CO2 produced in Aerobic respiration