1. What is produced during anaerobic respiration?
- amino acids and CO2 (+energy)
- CO2 and water (+energy)
- lactic acid (+energy)
- lactic acid and water (+energy)
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do the changes to breathing and heart rate during exercise cause?
- Quicker rate of Gaseous exchange in lungs (so respiration can happen more quickly) and arteries dilate
- Nerve impulses are sent to brain more quickly
- Stomach digests food more quickly
- Arteries constrict (stopping blood flowing away from muscles)
3. Which of these is NOT a use of the energy released in respiration?
- Used to build up larger molecules from small molecules (e.g Proteins from amino acids)
- Diffusion of Oxygen and CO2, and Osmosis
- Maintain a constant body temperature (in animals)
- Muscle contraction
4. Why does anaerobic respiration happen?
- Muscles can't be supplied with Oxygen quickly enough
- Water is being lost too quickly from sweat and breathing
- So muscles can produce more than using Aerobic respiration
5. What is the only reactant during anaerobic respiration?
- Carbon dioxide