1. What do the changes to breathing and heart rate during exercise cause?
- Quicker rate of Gaseous exchange in lungs (so respiration can happen more quickly) and arteries dilate
- Arteries constrict (stopping blood flowing away from muscles)
- Nerve impulses are sent to brain more quickly
- Stomach digests food more quickly
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a use of the energy released in respiration?
- Maintain a constant body temperature (in animals)
- Diffusion of Oxygen and CO2, and Osmosis
- Muscle contraction
- Used to build up larger molecules from small molecules (e.g Proteins from amino acids)
3. What is used in Aerobic respiration that is NOT used in anaerobic?
- Carbon Dioxide
4. What is produced during anaerobic respiration?
- amino acids and CO2 (+energy)
- CO2 and water (+energy)
- lactic acid (+energy)
- lactic acid and water (+energy)
5. What does oxygen oxidise lactic acid into?
- Water and hydrogen
- Carbon dioxide
- Water and Carbon dioxide