1. What does oxygen oxidise lactic acid into?
- Water and hydrogen
- Water and Carbon dioxide
- Carbon dioxide
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a use of the energy released in respiration?
- Diffusion of Oxygen and CO2, and Osmosis
- Used to build up larger molecules from small molecules (e.g Proteins from amino acids)
- Muscle contraction
- Maintain a constant body temperature (in animals)
3. What is produced during anaerobic respiration?
- lactic acid and water (+energy)
- amino acids and CO2 (+energy)
- lactic acid (+energy)
- CO2 and water (+energy)
4. What does lactic acid cause?
- Muscles to increase in size
- muscle fatigue (muscles stop contracting efficiently and hurt)
- increased rate of digestion
- Neutralisation of water in muscles
5. What percent of energy is released by Anaerobic compared to aerobic respiration?