1. What does oxygen oxidise lactic acid into?
- Water and Carbon dioxide
- Carbon dioxide
- Water and hydrogen
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a use of the energy released in respiration?
- Maintain a constant body temperature (in animals)
- Diffusion of Oxygen and CO2, and Osmosis
- Muscle contraction
- Used to build up larger molecules from small molecules (e.g Proteins from amino acids)
3. Why does anaerobic respiration happen?
- Muscles can't be supplied with Oxygen quickly enough
- Water is being lost too quickly from sweat and breathing
- So muscles can produce more than using Aerobic respiration
4. What does lactic acid cause?
- Muscles to increase in size
- Neutralisation of water in muscles
- muscle fatigue (muscles stop contracting efficiently and hurt)
- increased rate of digestion
5. What is produced during anaerobic respiration?
- amino acids and CO2 (+energy)
- lactic acid (+energy)
- lactic acid and water (+energy)
- CO2 and water (+energy)