1. What is the only reactant during anaerobic respiration?
- Carbon dioxide
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a use of the energy released in respiration?
- Diffusion of Oxygen and CO2, and Osmosis
- Muscle contraction
- Maintain a constant body temperature (in animals)
- Used to build up larger molecules from small molecules (e.g Proteins from amino acids)
3. Why does anaerobic respiration happen?
- So muscles can produce more than using Aerobic respiration
- Muscles can't be supplied with Oxygen quickly enough
- Water is being lost too quickly from sweat and breathing
4. What is Oxygen debt?
- The amount of oxygen that must flow through muscles to oxidise and remove the lactic acid the has built up
- The amount of oxygen needed to oxidise the CO2 produced in Aerobic respiration
- The amount of Oxygen needed to normalise the Oxygen levels in the blood after exercise
5. What does lactic acid cause?
- muscle fatigue (muscles stop contracting efficiently and hurt)
- Muscles to increase in size
- Neutralisation of water in muscles
- increased rate of digestion