1. What is used in Aerobic respiration that is NOT used in anaerobic?
- Carbon Dioxide
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does lactic acid cause?
- muscle fatigue (muscles stop contracting efficiently and hurt)
- Muscles to increase in size
- Neutralisation of water in muscles
- increased rate of digestion
3. What do the changes to breathing and heart rate during exercise cause?
- Stomach digests food more quickly
- Quicker rate of Gaseous exchange in lungs (so respiration can happen more quickly) and arteries dilate
- Nerve impulses are sent to brain more quickly
- Arteries constrict (stopping blood flowing away from muscles)
4. What percent of energy is released by Anaerobic compared to aerobic respiration?
5. Which change does NOT take place during exercise?
- Breathing rate increases
- Depth of breathing increases
- Enzymes denature
- Heart rate increases