1. Why do sperms have 'heads'?
- So they go fast
- It contains the mitochondria so energy is released for movement
- It contains the nucleus with the genetic information to be passed on
- To guide them to the eggs
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do root hair cells have a large permanent vacuole?
- To speed up the process of osmosis from the soil to the cell
- To store the cell from the plant
- Every cell does
- So more energy is released
3. Which of these is not a n adaptation of a fat cell?
- Few mitochondria because they need little energy
- They can expand as they fill with fat
- They (unlike other animal cells) have a cell wall to prevent them from busting when there is too much fat
- Small amount of cytoplasm for more fat
4. What is found at the end of a cone cell?
- The rest of the cell membrane
- The nucleus
- The synapse to connect to the nerve cells in the optic nerve
- Many mitochondria fro energy to reform the visual pigment
5. Which of these is not an adaptation of the palisade leaf cell?
- Contain many stomata for transpiration
- Many chloroplasts for photosynthesis
- Tall shape so large surface area to absorb CO2
- Thin shape so many can be packed next to each other