1. Why are red blood cells concave?
- They all get pressed by the heart
- The have no nucleus so are smaller
- Large surface area to absorb oxygen and to glide smoothly in the capillaries
- So lots can fit next to each other
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where is fat stored?
- It's not stored, it's burnt off from exercise
- Fat cells
- Around our muscles for insulation
3. Which of these do egg cells contain?
- Food reserves to feed the embryo
- water to stay hydrated
- 46 chromosomes
- cell wall
4. What is found at the end of a cone cell?
- The synapse to connect to the nerve cells in the optic nerve
- The nucleus
- Many mitochondria fro energy to reform the visual pigment
- The rest of the cell membrane
5. Why do root hair cells have a large permanent vacuole?
- To speed up the process of osmosis from the soil to the cell
- To store the cell from the plant
- Every cell does
- So more energy is released