1. Why are red blood cells concave?
- Large surface area to absorb oxygen and to glide smoothly in the capillaries
- The have no nucleus so are smaller
- So lots can fit next to each other
- They all get pressed by the heart
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do root hair cells have a large permanent vacuole?
- To speed up the process of osmosis from the soil to the cell
- So more energy is released
- To store the cell from the plant
- Every cell does
3. Which of these is not a n adaptation of a fat cell?
- Few mitochondria because they need little energy
- They (unlike other animal cells) have a cell wall to prevent them from busting when there is too much fat
- Small amount of cytoplasm for more fat
- They can expand as they fill with fat
4. Which of these do egg cells contain?
- cell wall
- Food reserves to feed the embryo
- 46 chromosomes
- water to stay hydrated
5. How do guard cells close at night?
- They're light sensitive so close when it's dark
- They lose energy at night so tighten
- The stomata shrivells ups
- The sense a lack of water so close