1. What is the purpose of smooth muscle in blood vessels?
- Smooth muscle regulates blood flow and maintains blood pressure
- Increases blood flow
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. The innermost layer of a blood vessel is called the...
- tunica externa
- tunica media
3. How thick is the endothelium lining?
- One cell thick
- 2 cells thick
- Four cells thick
- Half a cell thick
4. What do the elastic fibres in arteries allow?
- Elastic fibres reduce friction
- Stretching- to accomadate changes in blood flow and pressure
5. Why is the endothelium lining smooth?
- To increase the rate of blood flow
- Just cause
- To reduce friction and minimize the resistance of blood flow
- So that the blood is kept at a low pressure