1. Why is the endothelium lining smooth?
- Just cause
- To reduce friction and minimize the resistance of blood flow
- To increase the rate of blood flow
- So that the blood is kept at a low pressure
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the tunica media contain?
- Elastic fibres and valves
- Collagen fibres and valves
- Smooth muscle and collagen fibres
- Elastic fibres and smooth muscle
- Collagen fibres and elastic fibres
3. The innermost layer of a blood vessel is called the...
- tunica media
- tunica externa
4. What is the purpose of smooth muscle in blood vessels?
- Smooth muscle regulates blood flow and maintains blood pressure
- Increases blood flow
5. How thick is the endothelium lining?
- One cell thick
- Four cells thick
- Half a cell thick
- 2 cells thick