1. What do the elastic fibres in arteries allow?
- Elastic fibres reduce friction
- Stretching- to accomadate changes in blood flow and pressure
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the purpose of smooth muscle in blood vessels?
- Smooth muscle regulates blood flow and maintains blood pressure
- Increases blood flow
3. How thick is the endothelium lining?
- 2 cells thick
- One cell thick
- Half a cell thick
- Four cells thick
4. What does the tunica media contain?
- Collagen fibres and elastic fibres
- Elastic fibres and valves
- Elastic fibres and smooth muscle
- Collagen fibres and valves
- Smooth muscle and collagen fibres
5. The innermost layer of a blood vessel is called the...
- tunica externa
- tunica media