1. What do plants need to survive?
- Territory (space), Food sources or Prey, Mates
- Water, Light, Nutrients in the soil, Space
- Mates, Water, Air, Sunlight
- Nutrients in the soil, Mates, Insects
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do Cacti have spines instead of leaves?
- Because plants lose water vapour from the surface of their leaves and Cacti need to reduce water loss
- Because the spines store fat for the Cacti
- Because they need to attract predators
- Because the spines lose water vapour and maximise heat loss
3. Choose the correct statement
- Desert animals have thin coats and layers of fat to maximise heat loss
- Desert animals have thick coats and blubber to reduce heat loss
- Desert animals have shallow but extensive roots to reach water underground
- Desert animals have a small surface area compared to volume
4. What are the 3 affects of Environmental Change?
- Population increases/ decreases and changes in the distribution of an organism
- Changes in the distribution of an organism, mates, amount of food available
- Population increases/ decreases and amounts of other species
- Changes in number of predators, prey and food
5. Which non living indicator of environmental change can be used to detect changes in the temperature of sea surfaces?
- Dissolved Oxygen Meters
- Rain Gauges
- Mayfly Larvae