1. Which of the following is a special adaption for a carnivore?
- Becoming invisible
- Competing over food
- Having a wide taste of food
- Competing to avoid being prey
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do plants often reduce the surface area of their leaves?
- To reduce heat loss.
- To reduce water loss.
- Because it looks cool.
- To fit in with the other plants around them.
3. How do plants acquire water in hot and dry climates?
- They tend to move towards water, moving around a millimetre each day.
- They have extensive root systems that spread over a wide area.
- They hibernate until it rains, when they begin to grow again.
- They start to wilt and pretend to die so that they can be watered.
4. Which is a non-living factor that affects the distribution of polar bears?
- Strength of wind
5. Where do you loose the most body heat through?
- Exercising excessively
- Body surface (mainly skin)
- Breathing in and out