1. Why would short roots help a plant to survive?
- So that it doesn't need to use much energy to grow roots to reach water.
- So that it can take nutrients from the surface of the soil.
- So that animals who eat them are able to pull them out with ease.
- So that it can be pulled out easily by gardeners.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is a special adaption for a carnivore?
- Having a wide taste of food
- Competing over food
- Competing to avoid being prey
- Becoming invisible
3. What makes a successful competitor amongst animals?
- Having a good immune system so no diseases affect them.
- Having adaptations to the environment they live in.
- Having good genes so that they can survive easily.
- Being popular amongst other animals so they know not to mess with them.
4. What are the special features called, that living organisms use to survive in their particular habitat?
5. Which is a non-living factor that affects the distribution of polar bears?
- Strength of wind