1. In which parts can a plant store its water?
- The ground they reside in
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. A star-nosed mole has adapted to have a reaction time of 230 milliseconds. Why?
- Because it is almost totally blind and dependant on other senses such as touch.
- Because it is adapted to take its prey by surprise and efficiency.
- Because it is incredibly sensitive to touch and smell yet very odd to look at.
- Because it has ultra sensitive tendrils that can try out 13 possible targets every second.
3. How do plants loose water from their leaves?
- The sun heats the leaves of the plant allowing water to be evaporated every time the plant inhales carbon dioxide.
- The stomata in the leaves allow water loss through evaporation every time they open for respiration.
- The chlorophyll allows evaporation to take place during photosynthesis.
4. What is a thermophile?
- Animals that have specially adapted organs that do not die and so work at very low temperatures.
- Organisms that have specially adapted enzymes that do not denature and so work at very high temperatures.
- Animals that have specially adapted organs that do not die and so work at very high temperatures.
- Organisms that have specially adapted enzymes that do not denature and so work at very low temperatures.
5. What makes a successful competitor amongst animals?
- Having adaptations to the environment they live in.
- Having good genes so that they can survive easily.
- Having a good immune system so no diseases affect them.
- Being popular amongst other animals so they know not to mess with them.