1. HA + H20 -> H3O+ + A- what are the conjuate pairs, identify whether acid pair or base pair
- HA = acid producing A-; H20 = base producing H3O+
- H20 = acid producing A-; HA = base producing H30+
- HA = acid producing H30+; H2O = base producing A-
- H20= acid producing H30+; HA = base producing A-
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is an acid base reaction?
- When an acid is at the bottom/ base of a flask
- Where an acid donates a proton to a base
- When a base donates a proton to an acid
3. What is an acid?
- a proton donor
- a proton acceptor
4. What is a base?
- A proton acceptor
- A proton donor
5. What is a proton and how is it formed?
- P+ ion - P atom loses an electron and so P becomes positive
- H+ ion - formed when a hydrogen atom loses an e- and a proton is left
- H atom