1. Whenever we enter a sporting situation we experience what?
- Intrinsic motivation
- Approach-avoidance conflict
- Competitive anxiety
- Desire to succeed
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who suggested that the term 'achievement' as it is used in the theory is too vague?
- Bandura (1982)
- Koivula (1995)
- Nicholls et al (1984)
- McClelland et al (1961)
3. Which is the correct equation?
- Achievement motivation= intrinsic motivation- competitive anxiety
- Intrinsic motivation- competitive anxiety= achievement motivation
- Achievement motivation= competitive anxiety- intrinsic motivation
- Competitive anxiety- intrinsic motivation= achievement motivation
4. The main problem of the McClelland model is that it cannot be used to what?
- explain why athletes respond differently
- Predict successful performance
- Provide athletes with motivation
5. According to McClelland et al (1961) we can understand AM in terms of which 2 factors?
- Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
- Motivation to succeed and fear or failure
- Motivation to succeed and intrinsic motivation
- Competitive anxiety and fear of failure