1. The main problem of the McClelland model is that it cannot be used to what?
- explain why athletes respond differently
- Predict successful performance
- Provide athletes with motivation
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Those who are low in intrinsic motivation and high in anxiety are likely to experience what?
- Approach avoidance-conflict
- A difficulty in competitive sport
- Intrinsic motivation
- Enjoyment in sport
3. Which is the correct equation?
- Competitive anxiety- intrinsic motivation= achievement motivation
- Intrinsic motivation- competitive anxiety= achievement motivation
- Achievement motivation= intrinsic motivation- competitive anxiety
- Achievement motivation= competitive anxiety- intrinsic motivation
4. According to McClelland et al (1961) we can understand AM in terms of which 2 factors?
- Motivation to succeed and fear or failure
- Competitive anxiety and fear of failure
- Motivation to succeed and intrinsic motivation
- Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
5. If intrinsic motivation to take part in sport is greater than anxiety then we will be motivated to?
- Achieve highly
- Run fast