1. Who suggested that the term 'achievement' as it is used in the theory is too vague?
- Bandura (1982)
- Nicholls et al (1984)
- McClelland et al (1961)
- Koivula (1995)
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. If intrinsic motivation to take part in sport is greater than anxiety then we will be motivated to?
- Run fast
- Achieve highly
3. Those who are low in intrinsic motivation and high in anxiety are likely to experience what?
- Intrinsic motivation
- Approach avoidance-conflict
- A difficulty in competitive sport
- Enjoyment in sport
4. According to McClelland et al (1961) we can understand AM in terms of which 2 factors?
- Motivation to succeed and intrinsic motivation
- Motivation to succeed and fear or failure
- Competitive anxiety and fear of failure
- Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
5. Which is the correct equation?
- Intrinsic motivation- competitive anxiety= achievement motivation
- Achievement motivation= competitive anxiety- intrinsic motivation
- Achievement motivation= intrinsic motivation- competitive anxiety
- Competitive anxiety- intrinsic motivation= achievement motivation