- Created by: revisingxo
- Created on: 30-06-20 22:34
1. With respect to the Parasympathetic Nervous System, which of the following is FALSE?
- Is the 'cranial-sacral' division of the autonomic nervous system
- May terminate in axons that release Acetyl Choline
- Has ganglia near to the spinal cord
- Is termed the 'rest and digest' system
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. With respect to reflexes which of the following statements are FALSE?
- Reflexes are 'hard-wired'.
- Reflexes are usually protective.
- Reflexes terminate in skeletal muscle
- Reflexes are constructed to have relatively few synapses.
3. Sympathetic stimulation results in;
- decreased motility of the stomach
- all of the above
- relaxation of the bronchial muscle
- increased heart rate
4. The eye contains two distinct sets of photoreceptors; the rods and the cones. Which of the following is an incorrect statement?
- the highest density of rods is found in the peripheral retina
- the terminals of the optic nerve fibres directly innervate the photoreceptors
- the rod system is specialised to respond in low levels of illumination
- an individual without cones is colour blind
5. Gustatory cells are stimulated by;
- photons of light
- substances in solution
- movement of otoliths