1. The anorexic may learn that not eating brings them attention, and so their not eating is reinforced. This applies principles of..?
- operant conditioning
- spontaneous recovery
- classical conditioning
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. One explanation from the learning approach is that anorexia develops as a result of rewards from the environment. The fear of gaining weight once lost is paired with eating, and in turn, what develops?
- imitation of role models
- the need for attention
- a classically conditioned anxiety response
- vicarious reinforcement
3. A second suggestion is that the anorexic learns that not eating brings them...?
- greater anxiety
- attention from parents
- weight loss
4. The lateral hypothalamus..
- causes the individual to hear voices
- produces hunger
- causes the fear of weight gain
- depresses hunger
5. Another type of BIOLOGICAL explanation is that anorexia is...
- genetic and runs in families
- the individual wants to remain a child
- the individual has conflict between the id and superego
- it is a result of the environment