1. A second suggestion is that the anorexic learns that not eating brings them...?
- attention from parents
- greater anxiety
- weight loss
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. One explanation from the learning approach is that anorexia develops as a result of rewards from the environment. The fear of gaining weight once lost is paired with eating, and in turn, what develops?
- imitation of role models
- the need for attention
- a classically conditioned anxiety response
- vicarious reinforcement
3. Another type of BIOLOGICAL explanation is that anorexia is...
- the individual has conflict between the id and superego
- it is a result of the environment
- genetic and runs in families
- the individual wants to remain a child
4. The ventromedial hypothalamus..
- causes the fear of weight gain
- causes individual to hear voices
- depresses hunger
- produces hunger
5. This study demonstrated the genetic link of anorexia..
- Holland et al. (1984)
- Little Hans (1909)
- Rosenhan (1973)
- Loftus and Palmer (1974)