1. Most Major Record Companies have stopped producing Vinyl Records as ...?
- they are not as durable or easily editable when compared to digital media; overall it is more expensive.
- they are difficult to produce.
- they are not popular.
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Vinyl work?
- Placed on a box that vibrates and causes the etchings within the Vinyl to shake and produce different frequencies.
- An engraved copy of an acoustic waveform is etched into a hard but pliable medium such as vinyl. A needle then moves laterally in the grooves as the disc is rotated. The mechanical movement can be converted via electromagnetism into sound.
- When you write data to a Vinyl the writing laser heats up the dye layer and changes its transparency. The change in the dye creates the equivalent of a non-reflective bump. This is a permanent change and can read the modified dye as a bump later on.
3. Vinyl Records are ...?
- a collectable item.
- scratch resistant.
- used as Frisbees.
4. A Disadvantage of vinyl?
- It cannot be played more then twice.
- Repeated playing's can lead to wearing and decrease in clarity.
- It cannot be stored at room temperature.
5. Vinyl Discs ...?
- are still in demand today, being noted for its warm sound.
- are no longer being produced.
- are not as warm as Compact Discs.