1. An advantage of vinyl?
- Easy to locate music, possible to jump sections as opposed to fast forward / rewind.
- Its bigger
- It has more storage capacity
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Vinyl work?
- An engraved copy of an acoustic waveform is etched into a hard but pliable medium such as vinyl. A needle then moves laterally in the grooves as the disc is rotated. The mechanical movement can be converted via electromagnetism into sound.
- When you write data to a Vinyl the writing laser heats up the dye layer and changes its transparency. The change in the dye creates the equivalent of a non-reflective bump. This is a permanent change and can read the modified dye as a bump later on.
- Placed on a box that vibrates and causes the etchings within the Vinyl to shake and produce different frequencies.
3. A Disadvantage of vinyl?
- Pitch variations possible depending on quality of motor for the turntable.
- Its not great quality.
- Its not warm sounding.
4. A Disadvantage of vinyl?
- Its impact resistant.
- Not fully discreet channel separation.
- Its not playable.
5. Most Major Record Companies have stopped producing Vinyl Records as ...?
- they are not as durable or easily editable when compared to digital media; overall it is more expensive.
- they are difficult to produce.
- they are not popular.