1. Vinyl Records are ...?
- used as Frisbees.
- a collectable item.
- scratch resistant.
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Most Major Record Companies have stopped producing Vinyl Records as ...?
- they are not popular.
- they are not as durable or easily editable when compared to digital media; overall it is more expensive.
- they are difficult to produce.
3. A Disadvantage of vinyl?
- LP's are bulky and not very portable.
- It must be cleaned each time before use.
- Its durable.
4. A Disadvantage of vinyl?
- Outside electrical interference could be amplified by the magnetic cartridge.
- There is too much distortion.
- CD's contain better quality.
5. How does Vinyl work?
- An engraved copy of an acoustic waveform is etched into a hard but pliable medium such as vinyl. A needle then moves laterally in the grooves as the disc is rotated. The mechanical movement can be converted via electromagnetism into sound.
- When you write data to a Vinyl the writing laser heats up the dye layer and changes its transparency. The change in the dye creates the equivalent of a non-reflective bump. This is a permanent change and can read the modified dye as a bump later on.
- Placed on a box that vibrates and causes the etchings within the Vinyl to shake and produce different frequencies.