1. What is a named benefit of Mount Etna's previous eruptions?
- Fruits and other berries are not prevalent here.
- Snow drifts are prevented by lava flows.
- Fertile volcanic soils support agriculture.
- Lava flows are frequent, helping to melt ice caps.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. In what year did Mount Etna erupt causing lava to head toward the village of Zafferana?
3. What is Mount Etna classified as by the United Nations (UN)?
- A Decade Volcano
- A Supervolcano
- A Descendant Volcano
- A Violent Volcano
4. Which organisation monitores Mount Etna?
- UN (United Nations)
- EU (European Union)
- INGV (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica)
- IMDB (Instituto Medica Data Belarus)
5. How tall is Mount Etna?
Similar Geography resources: