1. What interval for modulations often fall or rise by?
- A 3rd
- A 5th
- A 7th
- A 4th
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where is the most traditional diatonic harmony heard?
- The 1st dance section (bars 37-50)
- The beginning
- The ending
3. What are the three related but distinct melodic idea of the piece?
- A descending ending idea, an opening rising idea and a dance melody in 5/4 & 6/4
- An opening rising idea, material from Leaving Liverpool and a dance melody in 5/4 & 6/4
- A descending ending idea, an opening rising idea and material from Leaving Liverpool
- Material from Leaving Liverpool, a dance melody in 5/4 & 6/4 and a descending ending idea
4. How is the orchestra treated?
- Very well, Horner allowed them regular breaks
- A more modern approach is taken, with unusual chord progressions and new instruments
- Traditional symphonic/Romantic way with much doubling
- Badly lol
5. Who has Horner had a long working relationship with?
- James Cameron
- Stephen Speilberg
- Hans Zimmer
- Craig Armstrong