1. Who claimed that W/C boys suffer from 'status frustration'?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. According to Becker, and his labelling theory, an act only becomes deviant when...
- ...others percieve it to be.
- ...members of the elite condemm it.
- ...the context of the act is unknown.
3. What does right realist Murray blame crime on?
- Government neglect
- The poor
- The welfare system
- Poltical marginilisation
4. Which 2 focal points did Miller claim were passed down through each generation of subculturals?
- Toughness, smartness, enjoyment
- Smartness, toughness, autonomy
- Toughness, enjoyment, fate
- Enjoyment, fate, autonomy
5. Mereton's 'Strain Theory' claims that working class people do WHAT in order to achieve The American Dream?
- Develop their god-given talent
- Cause rioting
- Use illegitamate means
- Achieve in education