1. According to Becker, and his labelling theory, an act only becomes deviant when...
- ...others percieve it to be.
- ...members of the elite condemm it.
- ...the context of the act is unknown.
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Mereton's 'Strain Theory' claims that working class people do WHAT in order to achieve The American Dream?
- Use illegitamate means
- Develop their god-given talent
- Cause rioting
- Achieve in education
3. What does right realist Murray blame crime on?
- Government neglect
- The welfare system
- Poltical marginilisation
- The poor
4. What are left realists Lea & Young's solution to crime?
- Extending all education to 21
- Redistribution of wealth
- Becoming a classless society
- Removing the welfare system
5. Which 2 focal points did Miller claim were passed down through each generation of subculturals?
- Smartness, toughness, autonomy
- Toughness, smartness, enjoyment
- Enjoyment, fate, autonomy
- Toughness, enjoyment, fate