1. In 1968, Neither of the parties overall primary leaders got selected for nomination, name the candidates that won but weren't selected.
- Robert Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson.
- Ronald Reagan and Nelson Rockefeller.
- Eugene McCarthy and Ronald Reagan.
- Hubert Humphrey and Richard Nixon.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What factor is most likely to effect turnout in a primary (according to Anthony J. Bennett)?
- The location of voting stations.
- Close competition between candidates.
- Type of primary (Close/open)
3. In 1968 which commission significantly reformed the presidential candidate selection system?
- The FEC Commission.
- The McCain-Feingold Commission.
- McGovern-Fraser Commission.
- The Bi-Partisan Electoral Reform Commission.
4. What is "the big mo"?
- Where a candidate gains momentum due to a succession of wins.
- The term often used to describe Democratic debates.
- The term given to a candidate who has been backed by the president.
- The oldest Republican voter in Iowa, it is traditional for Republican candidates to shake her hand.
5. In 2008 what was the so called "super tuesday" re named as and how many states took part?
- Tsunami Tuesday 23
- Tidal Tuesday 15
- Tsunami Tuesday 15
- Super Duper Tuesday 15