1. Which state by law must hold it primary first?
- South Carolina.
- New Hampshire.
- North Dakota.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What factor is most likely to effect turnout in a primary (according to Anthony J. Bennett)?
- The location of voting stations.
- Close competition between candidates.
- Type of primary (Close/open)
3. In 1968 only 11.7 million Americans took part in the primary election, what did this increase to in 2008?
- 58 million
- 67 million
- 35 million
- 100 million
4. In 1960 John Kennedy announced his candidacy 66 days before the primary, in 2008 Barack Obama announced his candidacy 423 days before. What is meant by "the constant election cycle"?
- A charity race in which Candidates ride bikes around Washington D.C to raise money for their campagne.
- When the momment one election finishes candidates are already looking towards the next one.
- Where media outlets are constantly focusing on the Election.
- when failed candidates are re-cycled and re used in a different election to a new office.
5. In 1968 which commission significantly reformed the presidential candidate selection system?
- The FEC Commission.
- The McCain-Feingold Commission.
- McGovern-Fraser Commission.
- The Bi-Partisan Electoral Reform Commission.