1. In 1960 John Kennedy announced his candidacy 66 days before the primary, in 2008 Barack Obama announced his candidacy 423 days before. What is meant by "the constant election cycle"?
- When the momment one election finishes candidates are already looking towards the next one.
- when failed candidates are re-cycled and re used in a different election to a new office.
- Where media outlets are constantly focusing on the Election.
- A charity race in which Candidates ride bikes around Washington D.C to raise money for their campagne.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. In 1968 only 11.7 million Americans took part in the primary election, what did this increase to in 2008?
- 67 million
- 58 million
- 100 million
- 35 million
3. In 1968 which commission significantly reformed the presidential candidate selection system?
- McGovern-Fraser Commission.
- The McCain-Feingold Commission.
- The Bi-Partisan Electoral Reform Commission.
- The FEC Commission.
4. What is an open primary election?
- A primary election in which registered voters can vote in the primary of either party.
- A primary election in which only registered Democrats can vote in a Democratic primary and vice versa.
- A primary election in which any U.S citizen can vote in the primary of either party.
- A primary in which only elected party officials can vote in their respective primaries.
5. In 1968, Neither of the parties overall primary leaders got selected for nomination, name the candidates that won but weren't selected.
- Ronald Reagan and Nelson Rockefeller.
- Eugene McCarthy and Ronald Reagan.
- Robert Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson.
- Hubert Humphrey and Richard Nixon.