1. In 1968, Neither of the parties overall primary leaders got selected for nomination, name the candidates that won but weren't selected.
- Eugene McCarthy and Ronald Reagan.
- Ronald Reagan and Nelson Rockefeller.
- Hubert Humphrey and Richard Nixon.
- Robert Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is "the big mo"?
- The term often used to describe Democratic debates.
- Where a candidate gains momentum due to a succession of wins.
- The oldest Republican voter in Iowa, it is traditional for Republican candidates to shake her hand.
- The term given to a candidate who has been backed by the president.
3. In 2008 what was the so called "super tuesday" re named as and how many states took part?
- Super Duper Tuesday 15
- Tsunami Tuesday 23
- Tsunami Tuesday 15
- Tidal Tuesday 15
4. In 1968 only 11.7 million Americans took part in the primary election, what did this increase to in 2008?
- 58 million
- 67 million
- 35 million
- 100 million
5. What is an open primary election?
- A primary election in which any U.S citizen can vote in the primary of either party.
- A primary in which only elected party officials can vote in their respective primaries.
- A primary election in which registered voters can vote in the primary of either party.
- A primary election in which only registered Democrats can vote in a Democratic primary and vice versa.