1. What did Fuller say about labelling theory?
- Negative labelling can have positive response - pupils can work against labels
- Labelling is always negative and forces most pupils to form deviant subcultures
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Hargreaves observe about teacher/pupil relationships?
- Teachers were biased in their observations of pupils - labelling based on class, appearance etc.
- Teachers would welcome both MC and WC pupils and give them equal opportunities
3. Which group of individuals are more likely to fit the profile of a 'deviant subculture' within school?
- Young, WC, African Caribbean males
- Young, WC, Asian males
- Young, MC White males
4. What can labelling lead to?
- Increase in crime levels
- Self fulfilling prophecy
- Material deprivation
5. What is 'teacher agency'?
- Where teachers are deeply influenced by middle class values to form an educational identity
- The power and influence teachers have over their pupils
- The recruitment system for teachers
Similar Sociology resources: