- Created by: apym16
- Created on: 29-04-18 00:06
1. What can labelling lead to?
- Increase in crime levels
- Self fulfilling prophecy
- Material deprivation
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is 'teacher agency'?
- The power and influence teachers have over their pupils
- The recruitment system for teachers
- Where teachers are deeply influenced by middle class values to form an educational identity
3. What is the definition of 'hidden curriculum'?
- Planned programme of learning activities and subjects
- Transmission of acceptable social norms and values, but not openly taught
- Secret service programme teaching young people to become spies
4. How does 'setting and streaming' affect pupils?
- Primarily WC pupils are placed in lower streams - hinders confidence, lower aspirations than MC pupils.
- Pupils are separated from confident social groups - affects their progression
5. What did Fuller say about labelling theory?
- Negative labelling can have positive response - pupils can work against labels
- Labelling is always negative and forces most pupils to form deviant subcultures
Similar Sociology resources: