1. Who were the "angry young men?"
- Group of contemporary writers that rejected traditional literature and theatre and wrote plays and books that reflected contemporary society.
- People who protested for better pay
- Group of men that help a revolution against Douglas-Home
- Angry people
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who else did Christine Keeler have an affair with other than John Profumo?
- A Russian spy
- An American soldier
3. Out of the 23 men in Douglas-Home's cabinet, how had NOT been to private school?
4. Which establishmentarian figuire succeeded Macmillan when he resigned in 1963?
- Anthony Eden
- Winston Churchill
- Alec Douglas-Home
- Hugh Gaitskell
5. Choose one reason why Douglas-Home lost the 1964 election.
- Internal party divides: figures like Enoch Powell were uncomfortable with the Establishmentarian leader and wanted change.
- People didn't like Home's haircut
- People were bored of Home
- Home was too little of an Establishment figuire and the people wanted more.