1. What year was the Profumo affair revealed?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did Macmillan attempt to modernise the conservative party?
- Introduced an effective stop-go policy and reduced inflation
- Tried to join the EEC (European Economic Community) and removed some Establishment figuires from his cabinet.
- Replaced his working class cabinet with Establishment figuires
- Created the Profumo affair
3. Who else did Christine Keeler have an affair with other than John Profumo?
- A Russian spy
- An American soldier
4. Who were the "angry young men?"
- People who protested for better pay
- Group of contemporary writers that rejected traditional literature and theatre and wrote plays and books that reflected contemporary society.
- Angry people
- Group of men that help a revolution against Douglas-Home
5. Out of the 23 men in Douglas-Home's cabinet, how had NOT been to private school?