1. What year was the Profumo affair revealed?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who else did Christine Keeler have an affair with other than John Profumo?
- An American soldier
- A Russian spy
3. Out of the 23 men in Douglas-Home's cabinet, how had NOT been to private school?
4. What is the Establishment?
- Typically upper class and aristocratic white males educated at Eton/Harrow and following on to Oxford/Cambridge
- David Cameron
- Lower or middle class politicians that worked their way up through meritocracy
- Nigel Farage
5. How did Macmillan attempt to modernise the conservative party?
- Tried to join the EEC (European Economic Community) and removed some Establishment figuires from his cabinet.
- Created the Profumo affair
- Replaced his working class cabinet with Establishment figuires
- Introduced an effective stop-go policy and reduced inflation