1. "Britain had a higher......? per head than any other country excluding the USA"
- Production rate
- Hunger rate
- Inflation rate
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Choose the true statement:
- Britain's inflation was higher than the USA's and France's.
- Britain had a lower production rate than the USA, Netherlands, France, Italy and West Germany from 1952-59.
- Britain had a higher production rate than the USA, Netherlands, France, Italy and West Germany from 1952-59.
- Britain's inflation rate was the lowest in Europe from 1950-60.
3. Who stood for the Labour party in the 1959 election?
- Harold Macmillan
- Hugh Gaitskell
- Jo Grimond
4. What was the overall balance of trade in 1956-60?
- -94 million
5. How much was tax cut by in April 1959?
- £200 million
- £350 million
- It wasn't