1. What was the overall balance of trade in 1956-60?
- -94 million
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who stood for the Labour party in the 1959 election?
- Harold Macmillan
- Hugh Gaitskell
- Jo Grimond
3. "Britain had a higher......? per head than any other country excluding the USA"
- Inflation rate
- Production rate
- Hunger rate
4. What are his often quoted words about the British economy?
- "I have a dream"
- "You've never had it so good"
- "We'll fight them on the beaches"
- "It's never been this good"
5. How much was tax cut by in April 1959?
- £350 million
- It wasn't
- £200 million