1. How did the peasantry respond to the Land Captains introduced in 1889?
- They created a petition for the Tsar showing their discontent
- They responded with the Red Cockeral years between 1902-7 where landowners and bailiffs were murdered and land taken illegally
- They didn't react
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why were the Gendarmes not very useful?
- After 20 years active pursuit they only caught 4113 despite claims that "revolutionaries were everywhere"
- They were expensive to fund from the Treasury
- A lot of Gendarmes took bribes
3. What were Zubatov Unions?
- Police run Unions which were legal and prevented the workers joining more radical unions
- A type of unrest
4. How did the internal passport idea prevent radical ideas spreading?
- It controlled people into certain areas ; preventing radical ideas spreading also
- The passport idea wasn't used to prevent radical ideas spreading
5. Between 1901 and 1905 how many people did the SR manage to assasinate?
- They assasinated 150 government officials
- They assasinated 2000 government officials
- They only used non-violent methods