1. What happpened to the People's Will after 1881?
- Alexander III successfully captured and executed all of the People's Will
- They escaped from Russia into Germany
- They joined the SR
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did the peasantry respond to the Land Captains introduced in 1889?
- They created a petition for the Tsar showing their discontent
- They responded with the Red Cockeral years between 1902-7 where landowners and bailiffs were murdered and land taken illegally
- They didn't react
3. What were the number of strikes between 1894 and 1904 like?
- In 1894 there were 17,000 strikes and this rose to 90,000 strikes by 1904
- The number of strikes was stagnant
- The number of strikes dropped by 1,400 strikes
4. Why were Land Captains created in 1889\/
- To motivate the peasants to work harder
- To bring the influence of the Ministry of the Interior into the countryside
- Russia was too big for Tsar to rule himself
5. In 1884 the Universities were being monitored by the Ministry of Interior why?
- The Universities couldn't limit their spending
- The Universities were the cause of radical ideas spreading; and teaching debate subjects made the students more radical
- The Universities results were poor consistently