1. What were the number of strikes between 1894 and 1904 like?
- The number of strikes dropped by 1,400 strikes
- In 1894 there were 17,000 strikes and this rose to 90,000 strikes by 1904
- The number of strikes was stagnant
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did the internal passport idea prevent radical ideas spreading?
- It controlled people into certain areas ; preventing radical ideas spreading also
- The passport idea wasn't used to prevent radical ideas spreading
3. In 1880 Alexander III created the Gendarmes, how many political criminals did they catch between 1880 and 1901?
- They caught 4113 political criminals
- They caught 10 political criminals
- They caught 10,000 political criminals
4. What were Zubatov Unions?
- Police run Unions which were legal and prevented the workers joining more radical unions
- A type of unrest
5. Why were the Gendarmes not very useful?
- After 20 years active pursuit they only caught 4113 despite claims that "revolutionaries were everywhere"
- They were expensive to fund from the Treasury
- A lot of Gendarmes took bribes