1. what causes the pain of angina? (usually experienced during exertion)
- supply of blood to heart and brain is slightly interupted
- the heart lacking oxygen causes it to respire anaerobically, this results in chemical changes triggering the pain.
- a build up of fat deposits causes a blood clot which narrows the arteries and stops the right amount of blood circulating around the body
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the process of all particles and liquids being transported in one direction known as?
- mass flow
- one way transportation
- single direction flow
3. the blood is supplied to the heart though two vessels called the...?
- coronary arteries
- the pulmonary arteries
- the pulmonary veins
4. during atrial systole, as the atria fill the pressure of blood against the ........ pushes them open
- bicuspid valves
- atrioventricular vavles
- semilunar valves
5. during ventricular systole, the pressure of blood against the atrioventricular valves does what?
- closes them
- opens them
- damages them