1. which is relaxation of the heart?
- atrial systole
- ventricular systole
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. elastic fibres allow arteries and veins to...
- stretch and recoil
- constrict and dilate
- not be damaged when the blood flowing though them is of a high pressure
3. capillaries are...
- 2 cells thick
- 100 cells thick
- 1 cell thick
- 10 cells thick
4. which is the correct order?
- diastole, ventricular systole, atrial systole
- atrial systole, ventricular systole, diastole
- ventricular systole, atrial systole, diastole
- atrial systole, diastole, ventricular systole
5. what happens when platelets come into contact with damaged vessel wall?
- they release a chemical which activates more platelets causing a build up of platelets and so blood cannot flow though properly.
- they change from discs to spheres with long projections and their cell surfaces change making them stick to the exposed collagen and to each other forming a platelet plug. they also release substances to activate more platelets.
- they release a sticky substance and stick to the formed plaque, forming a platelet plug. they also release substances to activate more platelets