1. Which soldiers did Harold send home to get the harvest in?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which King died that started all this?
- Edward the Confessor
- William of Normandy
- Edgar Atheling
- Harald Hardraada
3. Which part of William's army had been promised land when he won?
4. Which soldiers had chain mail armour and a battle axe?
- Saxon housecarls
- Norman cavalry
- Norman footsoldiers
- Saxon fyrd
5. Why was the Battle of Hastings fought?
- The Saxons invaded Normandy first
- Edward didn't leave a clear heir
- Edgar Atheling started it
- William wanted to kill Harald Hardraada