1. Why was the Battle of Hastings fought?
- The Saxons invaded Normandy first
- Edward didn't leave a clear heir
- Edgar Atheling started it
- William wanted to kill Harald Hardraada
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which part of William's army had been promised land when he won?
3. Which soldiers did Harold send home to get the harvest in?
4. Which King died that started all this?
- Harald Hardraada
- Edward the Confessor
- Edgar Atheling
- William of Normandy
5. When was the Battle of Hastings?