1. Which part of William's army had been promised land when he won?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who had sworn on the bones of a saint to help William become King?
- Edgar Atheling
- William of Normandy
- Harold Godwinson
- Harald Hardraada
3. Which soldiers did Harold send home to get the harvest in?
4. Why was the Battle of Hastings fought?
- Edgar Atheling started it
- Edward didn't leave a clear heir
- William wanted to kill Harald Hardraada
- The Saxons invaded Normandy first
5. When was the Battle of Hastings?