1. When was the Battle of Hastings?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which part of William's army had been promised land when he won?
3. Before the battle, why was William waiting in Normandy?
- For the wind to change direction
- For Harold to come back from Stamford Bridge
- For his army to be ready
- For the ships to be built
4. Which soldiers had chain mail armour and a battle axe?
- Norman footsoldiers
- Saxon fyrd
- Saxon housecarls
- Norman cavalry
5. Which soldiers did Harold send home to get the harvest in?