1. Which soldiers had chain mail armour and a battle axe?
- Norman footsoldiers
- Saxon fyrd
- Saxon housecarls
- Norman cavalry
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which candidate was the Earl of Wessex?
- Harold Godwinson
- Harald Hardraada
- Duke William
- Edgar Atheling
3. Which soldiers did Harold send home to get the harvest in?
4. Why was the Battle of Hastings fought?
- The Saxons invaded Normandy first
- William wanted to kill Harald Hardraada
- Edward didn't leave a clear heir
- Edgar Atheling started it
5. What was effective to 50 feet against chain mail?
- Infantry swords
- Norman bows and arrows
- The housecarl's battle axes
- Throwing the fyrd's haymaking forks