- Held just before end of war to decide what to do with Germany after its defeat.
- Roosevelt: wanted Soviet support in war against Japan.
- Churchill: wanted free elections and democratic governments in East Europe.
- Stalin:wanted Soviet influence in East Europe
- Germany to to be divided into four zones, occupied by US, Britain, France and Soviets
- Berlin was in Soviet zone, but was also to be divided.
- Nazi war criminals to be hunted down and tried.
- Free elections to be held in states of Eastern Europe.
- Stalin agreed to enter war against Japan in return for Soviet gains in the East
- A UN organisation should be set up to replace the League of Nations