- Created by: F.W1234
- Created on: 03-10-18 19:26
Introspection- The act of observing ones own mental state.
- Wanted a psychology to be more scientific so opend the first reaserch lab for experiments.
- He belived that the brain was made up of two components, sensations and feelings.
- Wanted objectivity and control in his work.
- His subjects were his trained assistants.
- He gave them a stimulus (ticking metronome) and asked them to reflect on the experience, they would then tell him what the stimulus made them think and feel, the same stimulus and conditions were given to each person.
- The action of reflecting on how the stimulus made the assistents think and feel is what Wundt recorded as introspection.
Evaluation of the experiment
- Used control variables…