Memory I - Working Memory
- The working memory serves to control visual selective attention.
- It minimizes distracting information by prioritising relevant information.
- We therefore assume that if we increase the load of working memory, it will increase amount of distractor processing in selective attention tasks
- 2 tasks:
- Selective attention: identify from famous names which is popstar and which is politician whilst ignoring distractor faces.
- Working memory: recall 5 digits. in same order (low load) in random order (high load)
- Results =
- Selective attention…