Baddeley and Hitch
- Articulatory-Phonological Loop, Central Executive, Visuo-Spatial Sketchpad
- The central executive is the key component and can be described as attention. It has a limited capacity and controls two systems that are also limited capacity.
- The articulatory-phonological loop holds speech based information. It contains a phonological store (inner ear) and an articulatory process (inner voice)
- The visuo-spatial sketchpad deals with the temporary storage of visual and spatial information.
The model was based on results from studies that used 'interference tasks'
- If participants are asked to perform…