- Created by: sophie
- Created on: 17-11-10 22:01
Energy and Work:
- Work done = energy transferred
- When an object is moved by a force, we say work is done on the object by the force. The force transfers energy to the object. Therefore, we say the work done on the object is the energy transferred
- The work done by a force depends on the force and the distance moved.
- Work done (J) = force (N) x distance moved in the direction of the force (m)
- Work done to overcome friction is mainly transferred into heat/ thermal energy.
- Kinetic energy is the energy an object has due to its motion. It depends on its mass and its speed.
- Kinetic energy (J) = 1/2 x mass (kg) x speed squared (m/s squared)
- Elastic potential energy is the energy stored in an elastic object…