- Created by: themoderrnage
- Created on: 28-04-21 09:31
- Althusser, Bowles & Gintis and Bourdieu examined the structural causes of inequality in the education system.
- Willis suggested that students were not 'passive puppets' and were aware of exploitation.
"Learning to Labour"
- Mixed methods approach using observations and interviews.
- Studied 'the lads', a group of working-class boys who were disruptive, misbehaved and had a very negative attitude to education.
- Anti-school subculture: praise earned from…