what did the different groups do?
- the suffragettes and the suffragists stopped their campaigns
- the suffragists persuaded men to join the army
- the suffragettes demonstrated for women to work in munitions
- the order of the white feather was a group of women who gave out white feathers (as a sign of cowardice) to men not in the army
- the mother's union tried to get mothers to persuade their sons to join the army
what jobs did women do and how did attitudes change??
- by 1916 Britain was short of 2 million workers as the men had gone away to fight in the war
- 6000,000 women took an office job by 1918
- 200,000 women took on office jobs
- factories were not keen to employ women as they thought:
- they would not carry…