- Created by: joshlad
- Created on: 19-05-15 14:43
Development is how advanced a country is economically, culturally, socially and technologically.
Development can be divided into:
1) Economical development: how wealthy a country is and how it gets its wealth (in MEDC, you would expect more wealth from agriculture because more people are farmers)
2) Human development: the access people have to healthcare, education, leisure, safety etc.
How do we measure economic development ie how wealthy a country is?
1) the main measure is GDP (Gross Domestic
-'80o/ugkhvn, Product). This is the total value of goods and services that a country produces
How do we measure human development? There are a number of measures including:
1) literacy rates: the % of the population that can read or write
2) birth rate: the number of LIVE babies born per thousand of the population per year
3) death rate: the number of deaths per thousand fo the…